24 Volt Mini Oven - any good?

Hello,
Have any of you got/used one of those mini 24 volt ovens? The ones that will just about take a pie. Was wondering if it was worth forking out £20 or not really.

Mmmmmm pies, nom, nom, nom :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was chatting to a driver last month who had one of those ovens, he thought it was excellent and well worth the money. The pie he’d just taken out smelt great and looked good, been thinking about getting one myself.

Regards SB.

Nice one Smoky, I might just have to get one then. It could add that extra dimension to “one pot meals”. Thanks for that.

£12.99 Amazon! :wink:

Worth every penny. 3 for £5 meals from morrisions are spot on. Nice and handy when your stuck out with no hot food nearby.

Cheers Brucey, that’s settled then :smiley:

Link?

Hi Fred,
Not too good at links and stuff on this tablet thing but roadking.co.uk do them for around £19.95 - hope that helps mate.

fredthered:
Link?

roadking.co.uk/cooking.html

Cheers Ned.

Ta!

Anyone know how long it takes to cook stuff in these things?

Cheers

Had a look on the Roadking site, the oven in question looks good , and incredibly cheap !
How long to actually cook something in it ? Like a horsemeat lasagne perhaps.
Also looked at the kettles, again vvery cheap any road tests ?

Go for the larger one, you can fit two pies in lol. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and it’s usually used twice a week. When the missus cooks I get her to do a bit extra, tray it up, freeze it, then re-heat in me wee oven. Most meals take half hour. Make sure you fit a Hella type plug because they run at high ampage.

I just had a look at the website, they are rated at 100 watts so it would probably take a fair bit longer than a domestic oven to cook something, shouldn’t be a problem with a bit of advanced planning, ie you get going when you are an hour off taking a break. You’d really be better using it while the engine was running anyway.

They ain’t the best,read this.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95930

Pizza and garlic bread in half hour

It’s about time that sleeper-cabbed trucks were fitted with a decent 3kw inverter as standard so you could run household electrical equipment off of them, I have one (was already fitted when I bought the truck) and it powers a domestic microwave oven, kettle, toaster etc. It’s lovely having a couple of pieces of buttered toast in the morning, so simple but so satisfying.

Inverters are only a few hundred quid if you buy a single one, I’m sure a truck manufacturer could buy them in at £30 or so.

I cook a Yorkshire dinner from chilled in 30 mins and its piping hot. If frozen I would get it out to thaw early in the day

Brilliant, thanks for all the info guys. Just to throw a spanner in the works, has anyone got experience with one of these -

roadpro.co.uk/retail/12v24v … ove-86.htm

They look quite self contained and spill proof. As suggested by Harry Monk, a bit of planning and get it sorted out during your 45, whack it on an hour or so before your long break and hot food awaits… Apparently it comes with 3 re-useable foil trays/pans just like “The Happy Wok” brings round on a Friday night.

Inverters are a no-no for me unfortunately, leased wagons, threat of death for draining batteries etc…

Thanks again for all the info.