24 Volt Mini Oven - any good?

truckstuff.co.uk/products/el … eating-pan

So long as you have a 12 volt socket capable of minimum 12 amps then it looks quite a handy bit of kit.

That’s what I was thinking Skids…

Have found these review type videos on you tube…

youtube.com/watch?v=ROzmkvX76lA

youtube.com/watch?v=2-vvq8K0sn4

youtube.com/watch?v=J-M4P1pAuCI

youtube.com/watch?v=Zo3w_Rn_TKU

Looks pretty decent to me.

Interesting bigvern, do you have one? if so any good? If not I’ll have to call into CDC and have a look, they never give much detail about the stuff they sell - dimensions, power draw etc… Well spotted though :smiley:

postie1100:
Interesting bigvern, do you have one? if so any good? If not I’ll have to call into CDC and have a look, they never give much detail about the stuff they sell - dimensions, power draw etc… Well spotted though :smiley:

If it gives watts instead of amps(power draw) then divide the watts by the voltage to give your amps.

So that pan will need 8.3 amps.

Shropsbri, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar - electrics were never my strong point, thanks for that.

I have been called many things :open_mouth: :smiley:

No problem and as some wagons put the wattage on their ■■■ lighters,if you know the amps then it’s a simple case of multiplying your voltage by the amps.

Feeling hungry now,you and your pies :grimacing:

:smiley: :smiley:

I don’t have one, but I have just bought one. It’s en route. I’ll review it next week. :wink:

Nice one Vern, I’ll look forward to hearing about that fella. What are you going to be trying in it - confit of salmon, new potato and crab crush with a dill drizzle perhaps?? Either that or a pukka pie eh :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m gonna see how long it takes, for a tin of soup to explode. :laughing:

When I was a’trampin I used to get the oven ready with whatever I was cooking inside it, when I was half an hour from parking up switch the oven on. Piping hot and browned on top meal ready for when I was finished for the day and no flat batteries in the morning. :wink: .

P.S. if you have an Anderson socket on your wagon a decent cable with an Anderson plug on the end will run it without melting your cigarette sockets in the wagon. If you’re tramping in your own permanent motor wire in a kettle style socket in the cab direct to the battery (fused) and use this (with a kettle style plug on the oven).

Excellent advice scrodingerscat, cheers for that. Which oven did you have??

Bigvern - yeah, I saw that too!! Why would you put a tin of soup in there?!!! I think I’d get my gas burner out for that and EMPTY THE CAN into a pan but hey, our American cousins eh!!
I can just see me taking the tin out and spraying the contents all over cab while shouting “Oh dear, this damned tin is hot, deary me” or something like that!!

I know,I thought an oven was for doing dinners and such like. Not heating up tins of ■■■■■■ soup LOL.

postie1100:
Excellent advice scrodingerscat, cheers for that. Which oven did you have??

Its an All Ride oven/grill white on the outside. I cant see it online right now to give you model number but its probably been superceded by now.

Cheers for that, I know the type you mean. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions.
Thanks for the info.