24v truck ovens

Anyone had any dealings with these. Cdc sell them at £35, found them cheaper on ebay. Are they any good? Or not worth bothering with. I don’t currently have enough nights out to warrant spending a fortune on a microwave. Any advice greatly recieved. Cheers

Hi I bought 1, not used it yet but have been told they are ok, takes about half hour to heat a pie up.
Also don’t get ripped off by CDC or truck stops, same oven is available for about £15 from most BP garages, including the ones on M/Way services.

I got one they’re bloody brilliant! You really need to run the motor while they’re on so the best thing is plug it in, put it on the dance floor with the food in it, switch on half an hour before you get to where you’re going.

Lovely crispy pies, lasagne or whatever browned on top. Just like cooking in the oven at home.

Best to get a high amperage plug fitted (kettle style) as the ciggy lighter is in danger of blowing its fuse.

i use a household extention lead wired direct to the batteries then a household 13amp plug on the oven works brilliant.its much hotter with the engine running so i switch it on half an hour B4 parking up.ive cooked curries lasgne kleftico shepards pies and even part baked french bread.best thing ive ever bought for the cab.it also cooks golden brown unlike a much more expensive micro wave which ive also owned in the past

Ive got one. without doubt it is the one thing I would not want to be without now for nights out. turn it on 30 mins before you stop. And hey presto spaghetti carbonara and garlic bread is served! :smiley:

Best thing i ever have but love a microwave instead but i cook anything i can at home in mine having pizza and garlic bread as we speak whoooo 4 mins to go :smiley::D:D:D

Thanks for the advice. think i might invest in one.

Any reccomendations on what sort of size? both in terms of power and dimensions. I’ve found ‘compact’ ones for around £15, but they didn’t seem very big internally. I can see myself going round Tesco with a tape meaure, measuring food lol

Cheers

K.Goodwin:
Thanks for the advice. think i might invest in one.

Any reccomendations on what sort of size? both in terms of power and dimensions. I’ve found ‘compact’ ones for around £15, but they didn’t seem very big internally. I can see myself going round Tesco with a tape meaure, measuring food lol

Cheers

The £35 one you have seen at CDC is the biggest they do, the same one is sold at most BP garages for a tad over £15, even truck stops are charging over the top, seen em anywhere from £35 to £44 highest price was whitwood.

You want one of the large ones think they re 300w. The small ones are crap. Big ones need 15a 24v, so gives you an idea of what power to buy

Ive just used mine for the 1st time, cost £15 from northampton services. Very happy, cooked a ginsters pepper steak slice to perfection in 15 mins :smiley: not like the soggy mush they turn into in the microwave.

Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:

sounds like i can’t go wrong for £15

Might get one of those…