The salaries in this industry

To put it in comparison,

Me and my best friend have always been like brothers since about the age of 11. We are both 34 now. Went to the same schools, same colleges, similar upbringing.

He is a straight A kid. Smart, incredibly fit and has a degree in Bio medical chemical something or another from University of Sheffield.

He was a police officer for a few years on 30k. He had plenty of overtime opportunities which paid well but never took them because of his other life commitments etc.

Me? I’ve been working one deadbeat job to another my whole life. Self employed for about 6 years. Got into trouble with the law at 21, and then again at 31. Did 3 years in jail, criminal record for life.

Am on 33,700. I also have plenty of overtime opportunities and I plan to take them to bump up my wage.

So for me personally, am grateful I have an opportunity to earn a honest living. Because 12 months ago, I was worrying a lot where I will be and what am gonna do to provide for my family.

But more than the money, you need to be happy at what you do. If you don’t enjoy it anymore then it’s better to take a lower paid job with less stress/more happiness. Money is important, but it’s not the most important thing in life.