Crap Pay!

If the hourly rate was increased by £5 more per hour more than what each of us a being paid now, there would be no driver shortage!.. but how could they pay it?

contractdriver:
but how could they pay it?

From the millions in profit they make each year.

Time for a reality check. How many hauliers are making millions. Most are running on big bank overdrafts and have a lot of finance around their neck. Lucky if they get a decent wage out of the business.

not to mention drivers are expert moaners, no sooner you get the £5 an hour and they will be saying it should have been £6.

Dave the Renegade:
Time for a reality check. How many hauliers are making millions. Most are running on big bank overdrafts and have a lot of finance around their neck. Lucky if they get a decent wage out of the business.

^This.

Only way wages get higher is if the industry somehow pulls together to make rates higher. The big boys would have to lead from the front.

Nobodies pushing that agenda though, all about trying to get bums on seats for peanuts.

contractdriver. So what do you take home gross p/w?

This isnt directed at you CD.
But I hear alot about how crap wages are yet its the same old story, people always spend what they have and then some.

Im sorry but i have no sympathy for people that say im not paid enough yet when you look into the detail you start to realise they smoke at least 20 a day have Wonga loans/credit cards. 60pm phone contract, down the bookies every weekend. Buys a costa on every shift etc.

Theres a difference between basic living and occasionally treating ones self. To all out ■■■■■■■ money away.

There is no driver shortage its a supply and demand issue. The demand fluctuates throughout the year just like any other service. The companies that dont wanna pay the money wont get the staff. Simple as.

The trouble with HGV driving is HGV drivers,they seem to think HGV driving is some amazing skill that we should be able to command £20ph for…remember you can go from a normal car licenece to a class 1 licence in less than 2 weeks in theory and you don’t even have to have received a good education to get accepted into a training programme to learn.
I think some perspective of what HGV driving is wouldn’t go a miss with some drivers,it’s a semi skilled job at best ,if you want to earn 50k a year go learn a skill that will put you in a position to command it,it won’t happen driving trucks.

Chris,HGV driver for 12 years.

supermatt:
contractdriver. So what do you take home gross p/w?

This isnt directed at you CD.
But I hear alot about how crap wages are yet its the same old story, people always spend what they have and then some.

Im sorry but i have no sympathy for people that say im not paid enough yet when you look into the detail you start to realise they smoke at least 20 a day have Wonga loans/credit cards. 60pm phone contract, down the bookies every weekend. Buys a costa on every shift etc.

Theres a difference between basic living and occasionally treating ones self. To all out ■■■■■■■ money away.

There is no driver shortage its a supply and demand issue. The demand fluctuates throughout the year just like any other service. The companies that dont wanna pay the money wont get the staff. Simple as.

I had more spare cash on YTS and I gave a tenner a week board :smiley:

xichrisxi:
The trouble with HGV driving is HGV drivers,they seem to think HGV driving is some amazing skill that we should be able to command £20ph for…remember you can go from a normal car licenece to a class 1 licence in less than 2 weeks in theory and you don’t even have to have received a good education to get accepted into a training programme to learn.
I think some perspective of what HGV driving is wouldn’t go a miss with some drivers,it’s a semi skilled job at best ,if you want to earn 50k a year go learn a skill that will put you in a position to command it,it won’t happen driving trucks.

You’ re one very, very disgusting person then… cheers… think about karma… :smiley:

kyk:

xichrisxi:

You’ re one very, very disgusting person then… cheers… think about karma… :smiley:

Not even sure what you mean tbh.

Stop paying Agencys who RIP OFF Companies & Drivers !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xichrisxi:
if you want to earn 50k a year go learn a skill that will put you in a position to command it,it won’t happen driving trucks.

Of course you can earn 50k driving trucks.

Seany:

xichrisxi:
if you want to earn 50k a year go learn a skill that will put you in a position to command it,it won’t happen driving trucks.

Yep +1 my mate on Car Transporters is on all the moneys :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Seany:

xichrisxi:

Depends what you wanna do,I’m happy with under 40k and sleeping in my own bed every night doing 4 day weeks.

contractdriver:
If the hourly rate was increased by £5 more per hour more than what each of us a being paid now, there would be no driver shortage!.. but how could they pay it?

then i would close my doors sell everything and just sub for someone with 1 truck

xichrisxi:

:unamused: mmmm never done adr then try pumping feneol acid or v.a.m with a flash point of .7 give you a clue to flash point petrol is 12 but wot do i no only semi skilled for the last 34 yonks or more :sunglasses:

wirksworth rod:

xichrisxi:

:unamused: mmmm never done adr then try pumping feneol acid or v.a.m with a flash point of .7 give you a clue to flash point petrol is 12 but wot do i no only semi skilled for the last 34 yonks or more :sunglasses:

See,no one mentioned ADR…obviously you are worth a bit more than a standard HGV driver but again to do ADR work it’s only a weeks course on top of the rest of HGV stuff.

tango boy:
Stop paying Agencys who RIP OFF Companies & Drivers !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: tango boy how are you

wirksworth rod:

tango boy:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: tango boy how are you

Good Rod, hows you mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

xichrisxi:

wirksworth rod:

xichrisxi:

See,no one mentioned ADR…obviously you are worth a bit more than a standard HGV driver but again to do ADR work it’s only a weeks course on top of the rest of HGV stuff.

Seethe problem I have with the learn an arctic in 2 weeks is true.
Are you really telling me after 2 weeks training u would send someone out in your truck if you owned a small fleet of arctics after passing a test.