Buses, coaches, & lorries

Leyland600:
No, Leyland built the chassis at Lilyhall, Workington then the chassis were transported to Eastern Coachworks at Lowestoft, Northern Counties at Wigan not sure if Alexander bodied any at that time.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

ECW’s last body was built in 1987 on Leyland Olympian chassis no ON2645. The body was serial no 26600 and was supplied to London Buses under reg no D263FUL.

According to Bus Lists On The Web body no’s DD1001 - 1197 were built between Jul 88 - Aug 92 exclusively on Leyland Olympian chassis (presumably at Workington) to the former design of ECW/Roe with slight modificatons.

I suppose whether this constitutes a Leyland body or not is a matter of conjecture. During the period Jul 88 - Aug 92 both Northern Counties and Alexanders supplied a large number of Olympians to their own design. I’m not saying it wouldn’t have happened but I would find it strange if they built any bodies to ECW/Roe’s design but as always I’m willing to be corrected. I do seem to recall reading during that period that Leyland were bodying Olympian buses at Workington but I may be suffering from the Mandela Effect. They also were building the Lynx at Workington between 86-92 with only a few being bodied by outside bodybuilders. You also have the National which was bodied at Workington in the 70’s and 80’s.