Another licence problem!

I received my licence back a few weeks ago from 5 yearly renewal.
I had double checked everything and sent it off.
It came back without my class 1.
I noticed and immediately sent it back along with a photo of the front and back of my old licence and a photo of my pass certificate.
This was nearly three weeks ago and I have had no communication from them at all .
Any ideas of anything I can do to hurry them along?

You could phone the DVLA customer service on 0300 790 6801.

You can phone between 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday or 08:00 to 14:00 Saturdays.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk.

tachograph:
You could phone the DVLA customer service on 0300 790 6801.

You can phone between 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday or 08:00 to 14:00 Saturdays.

Thankyou, I will let you know how I get on

You was wise to keep images of everything :slight_smile:

Good luck[emoji106]

Have you viewed your license online?
viewdrivingrecord.service.g … nce-number

If it does show your C+E that would reassure you, if it doesn’t you’ll have to keep fighting, but surely your copy old license will suffice.

stu675:

If it does show your C+E that would reassure you, if it doesn’t you’ll have to keep fighting, but surely your copy old license will suffice.

When I put my details in it says my licence is unavailable to view.

stu675:

I got through to them today with relative ease.
They have my (correctly) filled form and my (correctly) filled medical form and my accepted photo. They have the photocopy of my old licence front and back and also my photograph of my pass certificate. The have opened an enquiry on the 20th of February to determine wether I am entitled to drive an artic or not. They can’t give me a definite answer, and not can they give me a time when I should know.
They have elevated my case to priority but are unable to tell me what difference this makes .
I was able to remain calm and polite …long enough to explain that they hadn’t really answered any of my questions rather they had evaded answering.
Also I can’t check my licence on line and neither could they as there is a problem with the portal. Ah yes. The portal I probably did manage to convince them I knew what a portal was but by that point I really didn’t give a ■■■■ about anything anymore.

Luckyoldme:
They have the photocopy of my friends old licence front and back and also my photograph of my pass certificate.

A photocopy of your old licence may be more helpful than a photocopy of your friends old licence :smiley:

tachograph:

Luckyoldme:
They have the photocopy of my friends old licence front and back and also my photograph of my pass certificate.

A photocopy of your old licence may be more helpful than a photocopy of your friends old licence :smiley:

No idea how I managed to write that but I did of course mean my licence.

Wow I didn’t know you can get categories added like that lol.

Wow! I have emailed my local MP who is going to get in touch with the DVLA for me!

My last update.
My licence is sorted! I m a trucker again.
Anyone reading this now and having problems it’s probably too late but this would have gone on a lot longer if I hadn’t had proof of my entitlement.
It took one day of hurried action once John Lamont intervened!