How long for license back?

How long is it taking for you guys to get your updated licenses back? My test center sent mine off for C+E upgrade about 4 weeks ago and no sign yet?

Keep an eye on any other entitlements you have as the DVLA ballsed mine up, took a couple of monthes for mine to come back with my C on it… :smiling_imp:

danny_mk2:
How long is it taking for you guys to get your updated licenses back? My test center sent mine off for C+E upgrade about 4 weeks ago and no sign yet?

Give them a ring, it took mine about 9 days to arrive.
It does seem its taken a long time to arrive and as it has already been mentioned check the catergories,

B, BE, B1,C,CE,C1,C1E, FKP

The DVLA have a habbit of loosing entitlements and I’ve heard of stories in the past of people having to re-sit there vocational entitlements.
ALWAYS keep your pass certificate but the DSA keep records for 2 years so you’ll be ok anyway. :slight_smile:

4 weeks seems too long.

Call them on 01792 782 341 ASAP

I hope you or the training school photocopied your licence before it went off as you can get a copy of that and use the info on it to track the one you have not yet got.

Cheers guys after getting through the many many DVLA phone options i ended up with a very helpful guy who said they had received all the information (told me my C and C+E pass dates) and he would get on to processing to hurry it up so hopefully it will arrive soon so i can check it :slight_smile:

Waiting for mine as well phoned D V L A a couple of times and told me it was on the way back to me 6 days not bad lets see if my entitilments are all there !!! :smiley:

DAF95XF:
Keep an eye on any other entitlements you have as the DVLA ballsed mine up, took a couple of monthes for mine to come back with my C on it… :smiling_imp:

How do you go about this? I’ve always thought that if it comes back without them it’s virtually impossible to get the DVLA to put them back on.

mrpj:
How do you go about this? I’ve always thought that if it comes back without them it’s virtually impossible to get the DVLA to put them back on.

Copy them before sending them off and, if possible, get the copies signed by a recognised official such as a policeman, teacher, doctor etc

I thought CE gave all the required entitlements except motorcycles :astonished:

markgilly:
I thought CE gave all the required entitlements except motorcycles :astonished:

There have been cases where the previous D entitlements or entitlement to motorcycle has mysteriously disappeared…

For those that have grandfather entitlements, they can find that they are no longer there but have been put into the CE which has a different valid date - for example the grandfather entitlement to C1 dated on the 70th birthday is now dated the same as for CE !!

Did anyone see Watchdog last night?

Funny to see the subject of DVLA loosing licence catergories cropping up since we have been discussing it, funnily enough they focused on this back in 2005 and the problem still hasn’t been sorted.
Surprisingly enough it was really motorbike catergories it affected and this only happend when they changed addresses.

Now one guy had never ridden a motorbike and his licence came back with one, one needed a car a trailer I think for his business (I think) it came back with just a motorbike and the last guy had had a licence for a motorbike since 1978 and he had to re-sit his test!!!

1. So I think I will be doing multiple photocopies signed by a person of a professional position.
  2. Keeping the pass certificate and let the local DVLA office photocopy it (keeping the certificate though)
  3. Try and contact the driving school if they still exist.

NikNik:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k36vh - 6 days left to watch

ROG:

NikNik:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k36vh - 6 days left to watch

What do you think then? :open_mouth:

Make sure you get pulled by the police and have to produce documents at the station - that way there is an official record.

I would lke to see the DVLA say that the police are lying…

NikNik:

NikNik:

I did, and I texted them about the ■■■■ up with my licence and Watchdog have just phoned me back… :open_mouth:

The DVLA have been aware of this for years :astonished:Would the driver who had is car entitlement taken OFF be elegiable for loss of earnings ME THINKS NOT or what about a HGV driver no licence no job !!! I hope mine is ok due back today :confused:

I think mine was photocopied by the training company plus work copy them each year and i found my pass certificate so fingers crossed, Hopefully they will give me full motorbike entitlement as i fancy a superbike :open_mouth:

I always keep a scanned image of my licence on my computer, that way If I ever have to send it away I’ve always got a picture of what was on it the day I sent it off!

Adam_Mc:
I always keep a scanned image of my licence on my computer, that way If I ever have to send it away I’ve always got a picture of what was on it the day I sent it off!

DITTO :smiley: