When you have passed your test

do not let the examiner take your licence and send it off for you.

do it yourself, you will have your licence back twice as quick.

i passed my atric on the 6th June, i have just rung DVLA today (18th June) and it isn’t even on their system yet. the DSA are supposed to inform them electronically (presumably via secure email or something similar) and your licence will be issued 3 weeks later. after 12 days DVLA do not even know i have passed my C+E test. how slow can this electronic system be. (is it like the trucknet server?)

when i passed my Class 2 in November i sent my licence to DVLA on the Friday afternoon via recorded delivery and i had my new shiny licence back by the following Thursday.

send it yourself, it will cost you a few quid to post but its better than giving the DSA Muppet’s the chance to hold on to it for 2 weeks before they even tell DVLA.

When I passed both C and C+E I let the test centre bods send mine off and I had my licence back within a week.
I did that so I could keep my pass certificates.
It comes in handy for future use just in case they lose your entitlments whilst renewing your licence etc.
Maybe they’ve had a bit of a breakdown in the system somewhere. :frowning: :frowning:
Did you phone the test centre?
I would be on the phone straight away.

:wink: not in all cases!!! may be your location or examiner, a year ago i was none the wiser, my examiner asked if he should send it, i agreed, this was friday afternoon, it was back next thursday!

passed my c2 21/5 and still waiting lol

There was a discussion on this not long ago and it ended up with the majority very happy letting the examiners deal with it and the average turn around time was very good.
There will always be a few exceptions and, although annoying to the individuals concerned, the wider picture has to be taken into consideration.

I passed my test on a Friday, gave examiner the license and it came back in the post on the Tuesday morning. Passing class2 was not quite as fast but still about a week. :slight_smile:

Mine was taken on a Saturday,
and took 6 working days to be retured by DVLA

How-ever, " A MONTH"
whitegorrilla dude
do what “Rog” suggests,
and chase it up on the telephone
(beginning with the Test Center)

Giblsa, if you get to a Month too, P.A.N.I.K

Q out >>

Winters:
When I passed both C and C+E I let the test centre bods send mine off and I had my licence back within a week.
I did that so I could keep my pass certificates.
It comes in handy for future use just in case they lose your entitlments whilst renewing your licence etc.
Maybe they’ve had a bit of a breakdown in the system somewhere. :frowning: :frowning:
Did you phone the test centre?
I would be on the phone straight away.

I did the same & mine were back in under a week!!!

i passed my C+E at the beginning of the month and let the examiner send my licence off on the friday, I had my new one back last friday so it only took them 7 days to do my new one

I noticed though that my new licence has my psv entilement now to a full psv rather than the restricted automatic one that I had before is that normal or has swansea given me a present :slight_smile:

Andydisco:
i passed my C+E at the beginning of the month and let the examiner send my licence off on the friday, I had my new one back last friday so it only took them 7 days to do my new one

I noticed though that my new licence has my psv entilement now to a full psv rather than the restricted automatic one that I had before is that normal or has swansea given me a present :slight_smile:

If you have D auto it will be automatically upgraded to D manual when you pass C manual :smiley:

ta for that Rog didnt know that,

mind you when I got my licence back it my cat d was still restricted to automatic, so I wonder if swansea had realised when It got sent back to add my C+E

Andydisco:
ta for that Rog didnt know that,

mind you when I got my licence back it my cat d was still restricted to automatic, so I wonder if swansea had realised when It got sent back to add my C+E

Does look like they missed upgrading the D when you passed C :open_mouth: