R.I.P. TruckNet UK member Tony Smith (rastone)

It is with great sadness that we note the death of TruckNet UK member rastone (Tony Smith) who sadly passed away recently.

Tony was a wealth of knowledge and a valued contributor to TruckNet UK.

My heartfelt sympathy and condolences go to Tony’s family at this distressing time.

R.I.P. Tony.

Rest in Peace Tony I will miss your great knowledge banter and craic
Deepest condolences to your family
Gary

RIP Driver :frowning:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

R.I.P Tony, will miss your knowledgeable posts regarding anything Ford!

RIP…

Drive on.

Tony was 83 and had spent most of his working life as a lorry salesman, much of the time with T C Harrison in Derby, selling new lorries to big companies such as the Ind Coope brewery in Burton, and F B Atkins at Findern. He also dealt with purchases for smaller firms throughout Derbyshire and Staffordshire, like Allen’s of Hilton. He was very interested in the local history of Uttoxeter, where he grew up and went to school, and where he married Val, with whom he had three children.

In later life he and Val moved to Doveridge, just a few miles out of town, where Val sadly died four years ago. Tony also took an interest in the local bus operators, which is how I, a bus man, came to meet him some five years ago. I subsequently visited him numerous times at his house, and he was a pleasure to be with.

R.I.P Tony.

RIP Drive

Pedal to the metal

R I P, My friend. Your banter will be very sadly missed on this thread, Regards Larry.