Rastone Book Sale

Hi All

As some of you are aware, my dad Tony Smith (rastone) died last year. I’ve been reading some of the messages you posted and you said some very kind words. I know he enjoyed being on here, chatting about and sharing photos of old lorries with like minded people. Commercial vehicles were his life and this forum was a perfect place for him to keep his interest alive. I’ll give you an example of this. I took him and my mum to Florence once. One of the historic buildings is il duomo, which is a larger domed medieval church/cathedral in the centre of the city. People flock from all corners of the world to visit it. I remember looking over Tony to see what his reaction was to seeing such a great sight, only to see him standing with his back to it, because he was busy taking a photo of a Cargo with a hiab on the back.

Anyway, he has collected a significant number of books over the years and because none of us share his obsession with commercial vehicles, I’ll be starting to post them on eBay in the next couple of days. I thought there might be some interest on here and I’d rather they were enjoyed by an enthusiast then shoved in a book bin somewhere. If you’re interested, the seller’s name is barneylynne.

Cheers

Barney

Morning Barney,
Sincere condolences for the loss of your Father as you say he was a wealth of knowledge and I exchanged some informative posts with Tony.
I will be having a look in regarding the books for sale and thankyou for letting us know,
Kind Regards Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for those words. There’ll be no particular order in which these go on. There’s a few boxes full so they’ll just be posted as they come out of the box. It’ll be a marathon, not a sprint!

Cheers

Barney

Books are now listed under seller barneylynne. There will be a steady stream of new additions throughout the next few days or weeks depending on how quickly I get them on. There’s just a handful on currently but plenty more to follow.

Cheers

Barney

I will have a gander at those Barney, although I don’t really need more books! :laughing: One of our vintage club members knew your dad well, he lives in Doveridge but with things how they are I haven’t seen him to speak to for over a year.

Pete.

Ha! Yes, I know what you mean. I doubt my dad needed any more books but he was always happy to receive them. You can never have too many commercial vehicles books. Which is evident by how many I’m having to shift.

If you know of any others that might be interested then please pass on the message. They probably don’t need books either!

Cheers

Barney

Hi All

Next wave is listed. Check out barneylynne on eBay sellers and you’ll see what is listed.

Cheers

Barney

TruckNetUK .Old Time Lorries . Rastone Book Sale On EBay UK . Page 1 . Valentines Day,Sunday,14th February,2021 . VALKYRIE .

Rastone:
Hi All

Next wave is listed. Check out BarneyLynne on eBay sellers and you’ll see what is listed.

Cheers

Barney

Hello.I tried and failed to find your first Rastone Book Sale on the EBay UK website…I tried to find your BarneyLynne EBay UK Sellers post,but I couldn’t find

anything :unamused: You have now put a second batch of books for sale on EBay UK,BUT,true to form,I cannot find them :unamused:

As an enthusiastic collector of books on motor vehicles of all kinds and types,aeroplanes,radios,music,films,etc,I am always looking for interesting books :slight_smile:

So,with respect,can you please electronically link your EBay UK Rastone Book Sale to this thread. Thanks. Just in case you don’t know how to :slight_smile: : You click and copy your

EBay UK/BarneyLynne Book Sale from the top address bar and then click and paste the EBay UK/BarneyLynne Book Sale on to your post in this thread.

If successfully posted the EBay UK/BarneyLynne Book Sale link (or whatever the title of the electronic address is) will appear in light blue lettering.

I now look forward to looking at the Rastone Book Sale on EBay UK…and maybe buying one or two (or more) books from you :slight_smile: Thanks.

Happy Valentines Day :smiley:

VALKYRIE.

Hi

Sorry about that. Try these links and hopefully you’ll be able to navigate your way around

ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Illustra … 890.l49292

ebay.co.uk/itm/BRS-The-Earl … 890.l49292

ebay.co.uk/itm/Stevensons-I … 890.l49292