CPC mod 4

Good morning,
Recently passed my c+e, mod 2 and got my mod 4 on Saturday morning, having seen a few posts knocking about regarding it I’m wondering what the best way of drumming those final details into my brain for when I’m asked these tedious things on the day.
In my mind I’m ready for whatever comes my way but maybe the pressure will get to me.
Also somewhat related it seems all employers want experience on the license for pretty much all jobs I’ve seen advertised… how is that experience to be gained initially?

Sorry for the ramble

Good morning and welcome to the forum. Well done on passing Mod 2 and good luck with Mod 4! Everybody learns in different ways. For me I like to look at the written info and memorise it that way, but if you think you’re ready, you probably are. They’re not there to catch you out and it’s all common sense stuff as I’m sure you already know. :slight_smile:

To gain the initial experience, I’d say sign up to all the agencies you can as soon as you have the licence/digicard and CPC card back (most of them want these as scans). If you are not currently in full-time employment, I’d be visiting all the potential employers also, on the off chance that they need a driver that day. Turn up ready to work and you never know. The best chance is probably agency to begin with though, but don’t be too downhearted if it takes a while, especially at this time of year (things are always quiet until around March).

Thanks for the reply,

I am currently in employment full time which would make it a gamble whether or not to chance an agency for potential here and there assignments but I think it’s the only way to get the experience people want?
I’ve had a phone call today from an agency with a 6 month contract for class 2 work (new passes welcome) but I’m sceptical if class 2 experience would be half as valid as class 1?
If it’s acceptable and assuming I pass my mod 4 I might just jump at it if it’s just as valuable experience?

Thanks

s.ellison1989:
Thanks for the reply,

I am currently in employment full time which would make it a gamble whether or not to chance an agency for potential here and there assignments but I think it’s the only way to get the experience people want?
I’ve had a phone call today from an agency with a 6 month contract for class 2 work (new passes welcome) but I’m sceptical if class 2 experience would be half as valid as class 1?
If it’s acceptable and assuming I pass my mod 4 I might just jump at it if it’s just as valuable experience?

Thanks

6 months of HAVING CE whilst you drive C :bulb:

When companies/insurers say 12 months they often mean HAVING the relevant category for that time

You could try getting some ad-hoc agency shifts around your full-time job just to get some real-life class 1 experience. If you work Mon-Fri, that would be every other Saturday or Sunday for example.

If the pay is sufficient for you on the Class 2 work, then there’d be no harm in doing that for 6 months. It’ll definitely give you good experience of a larger vehicle and invaluable tacho/breaks experience.

ROG:

s.ellison1989:
Thanks for the reply,

Thanks

6 months of HAVING CE whilst you drive C :bulb:

When companies/insurers say 12 months they often mean HAVING the relevant category for that time

So basically it’s time on license not specially experience based? Sounds strange but who am I to assume

Goff118:
You could try getting some ad-hoc agency shifts around your full-time job just to get some real-life class 1 experience. If you work Mon-Fri, that would be every other Saturday or Sunday for example.

If the pay is sufficient for you on the Class 2 work, then there’d be no harm in doing that for 6 months. It’ll definitely give you good experience of a larger vehicle and invaluable tacho/breaks experience.

Thankyou for the informative response, I think I’ll Go for the class 2 for a while, it’s basically the same pay as I get now but obviously will provide that experience of what matters.

Thanks

Good luck with it all and all the best for your test!