Class 2 Passed

Hi All,

Passed my class 2 on 04/02/2014 yippee… Happy :smiley:

I’ve got the cpc 2 booked for this week as I never realised you could do this before passing the drive practical. Really, not until joining this wonderful site and found it’s members are all brilliant people assisting newbies like myself with invaluable advises.

I’m glad to be a member here. And thanks all

Good Job Lmann!

Congrats to you! sounds like your doing how i did my HGV, had my medical then did my theory and Hazard perception! Then did my class 2 after retest, then did my class 1 again a retest needed, then did my CPC mod 2 in sept, then Mod 4 2 weeks ago, so i think it’s down to personal choice really, but some people will do it the way there told, i just liked the freedom of doing it in my own time, as i work nights 40 hours a week, so was having to fit all my training and tests in the early mornings etc, was tiring but looking back all worth it and i still can’t stop smiling!

Congrats on the pass. Always the news we want to hear. Well done!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations to you

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Had the cpc case studies mod 2 yesterday and scraped through with 42, so happy. But still have the mod 4 to contend with hoping it’ll be as easy lol!

I understand you can start job hunting with the module 4 certificate once passed, you don’t have to wait for the DQC to return. Please is this true??

Many thanks!

well done

and now the learning really begins :wink: :wink:

I’m newly qualified as well (20th December last year) Lmann, and from my experience, you’ll find the mod 4 a doddle. Most of it comes down to common sense primarily. Just have a run through with your instructor (if you’ve gone through someone) before going in and you’ll be fine :smiley:

Congrats on the pass, good luck for the module 4.

nick2008:
well done

Really?

I understand you can start job hunting with the module 4 certificate once passed, you don’t have to wait for the DQC to return. Please is this true??

Yes, you are perfectly legal to drive whilst waiting for your DQC. Having said that, they normally turn up within just a few days. (anyone reading this who has passed mod 4 but not yet passed their driving test will receive their card after passing the driving test - about the same time as the shiny new licence).

If driving without the card whilst waiting for it to arrive, I would definitely carry the pass certificate in case you’re unlucky enough to be stopped and asked for it.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete, really appreciate the information contained in your message, very helpful.

Congrats on the mod 2 and the ‘C’!! :grimacing:

The mod 4 I found even easier than the mod 2 because I had more knowledge by this point, its really only 5 questions (albeit ‘show me/tell me’ style). Mine was over in 15 mins today and being a wet day I think we all got off a bit lightly (didn’t have to play with restraint stuff) I couldn’t believe how simple it was. Just keep calm and come out with as many (relevant) answers as you can think of to each question so you don’t miss anything out.

TheMissus:
Congrats on the mod 2 and the ‘C’!! :grimacing:

The mod 4 I found even easier than the mod 2 because I had more knowledge by this point, its really only 5 questions (albeit ‘show me/tell me’ style). Mine was over in 15 mins today and being a wet day I think we all got off a bit lightly (didn’t have to play with restraint stuff) I couldn’t believe how simple it was. Just keep calm and come out with as many (relevant) answers as you can think of to each question so you don’t miss anything out.

Congrats on the mod 4 pass, nice one! I pray mine turns-out as easy really tired of this whole process. Thanks for the advise. Wish you luck in the job hunt!

Congrats.

The most important part of trucking is staying legal.

Do your daily checks properly.
Never drive an unroadworthy vehicle.
Always make sure the load is secure.
Stick to speed limits.
Always work within the tacho rules.
Don’t use the phone while your driving.

Companies will try to get you to bend the rules then give you no back-up when the brown stuff hits the fan.

You won’t be able to blag your way out of trouble if your pulled by VOSA / police as they expect you to be professional.

Passed my cpc Mod 4 on Thursday 06/03/14 so relieved now. Let the job hunt commence… Lol

Congrats, it’s nice to feel done isn’t it!? :smiley:

Lmann:

nick2008:
well done

Really?

Oh yea, this is when we get to start using those new driving skills in conjunction with the tacho rules, WTD rules, figuring out how to get from A to B on our own, with real deadlines, traffic, real world reversing, real loads and restraints, plus remembering to breathe! :laughing: :laughing:

TheMissus:
Congrats, it’s nice to feel done isn’t it!? :smiley:

Lmann:

nick2008:
well done

Really?

Oh yea, this is when we get to start using those new driving skills in conjunction with the tacho rules, WTD rules, figuring out how to get from A to B on our own, with real deadlines, traffic, real world reversing, real loads and restraints, plus remembering to breathe! :laughing: :laughing:

All sounds too much when you put it like that doesn’t it :slight_smile: