Driver CPC initial qualification part 4

Hi

I did the first 3 stages but not the fourth, If I did do that would I get a CPC card?

Edit: this looks a bit stupid but i passed in 2013 and wondered if the changes last year made any difference, also not spoken to anyone at work who got it this way they all had to take the usual 35? hours

part 1 - theory test (this includes 2 separate tests - multiple-choice and hazard perception)
part 2 - Driver CPC case studies test (computer-based exercise with 7 studies based on real-life situations - eg driving in icy conditions)
part 3 - driving ability test
part 4 - Driver CPC practical demonstration test (this takes 30 minutes - you will need to show you can keep your vehicle safe and secure, eg loading your vehicle safely)

Hi. Assuming you passed Part 3, passing Part 4 will generate the cpc card.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What date did you pass initial driver cpc module 2 theory?

I assume you have not driven commercially yet?

I drove vehicles for a film company up until October 2014, passed part 1,2 and 3 all around July 2013 I think.

robguildford:
I drove vehicles for a film company up until October 2014, passed part 1,2 and 3 all around July 2013 I think.

April 2013 you passed 2 - I found an old post of yours

I assume they were exempt DCPC?

You have until April this year to pass mod 4

See the mod 4 video sticky

Depending on your duties, that may or may not have been legal. But that doesn’t matter now. If you want to drive professionally, you need Mod 4.

Contact a good trainer and get training and test booked.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks to both of you, so I need to pass mod4 by April to get CPC then?, are there any companies that could do this on the back of someone else’s test as it would seem to make sense instead of (just looking now) paying for them to drive to a test center and let me take mod4. I 'm going to just assume everything was legal up until now.

(also for younger drivers I found there are many jobs that need C1 but the “C1 automatically” people are getting older so there is some work in odd places if you have Cat C and want to slum it on smaller stuff)

are there any companies that could do this on the back of someone else’s test as it would seem to make sense instead of (just looking now) paying for them to drive to a test center and let me take mod4.

Yes, you’ll probably find someone willing to do that. It inconveniences the other candidate but this is how some trainers work. Remember you will still need training.

Many trainers are using equipment that doesn’t closely represent what you will get on test; the problem you have is establishing who is who.

An alternative is to locate a trainer with their own training centre (we had the first one in the UK) where there is NO travelling involved to the test. And the equipment you’re trained on is the same equipment you’ll be tested on.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: