Is £3,600 a good price for ''Car to Class 1 ~ Inc CPC''?

I’m scheduled to do my assessment session with Category B (Car) to C+E (Class 1 Lorry) Training Course in London in a few weeks time.

Their price for it is £3,600 | But that includes CPC & all modules.
(They do it as a 10-day course :: With all, including test, via their centre)

I’ve seen a few posts on here saying the cost of Class 1 training shouldn’t be more than 2k…
But so just wondered if 3.6k is higher than average?

*Or is the 2k figure false / the cost without VAT + CPC & modules?

Sounds about right if the 10 days is all practical training with the mod 4 and all 3 practical tests in that

Does that price also include the 3 theory test costs?

That’s easily beaten if you watch the Chevron Open Day thread.

And, in any case, the forum sponsor always gives 10% discount to Trucknet users.

So, whichever way you play it, you’ll save hundreds and get a first class job.

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I paid far less for mine, including the 3a and 3b tests, but not including the 3 theories or cpc4. However, I’m Stafford way, I believe the national driving centre are London based? I assume it’s gonna be more expensive down there anyway.

National Driving Centre:
What we include:
Free driving assessment (once you receive your licence back from the DVLA)
Theory tests (Multiple choice, Hazard perception & CPC Module 2)
10 DAY TRAINING COURSE
Category C Module 3 driving test
CPC Module 4 practical test
C+E | Class 1 Module 3 driving test

Looking at the link above; out of interest, are they running this as a 10 day course where you complete both cat C and CE tests? Or perhaps it is just a typo?

BishBashBosh:

National Driving Centre:
What we include:
10 DAY TRAINING COURSE

Looking at the link above; out of interest, are they running this as a 10 day course where you complete both cat C and CE tests? Or perhaps it is just a typo?

I think that’s why it’s so expensive 10 days and £3600 is not really required for straight to artic. I got through for less than £2500, but I don’t think that will be repeatable. Best bet is finding out Chevron’s price and deciding from there.

stu675:

BishBashBosh:

National Driving Centre:
What we include:
10 DAY TRAINING COURSE

I think that’s why it’s so expensive 10 days and £3600 is not really required for straight to artic. I got through for less than £2500, but I don’t think that will be repeatable. Best bet is finding out Chevron’s price and deciding from there.

We (Chevron) would charge £300 less than that for straight to C+E before any discounts :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not sure why the quote is for C & C+E - straight to C+E is just as easy for most

Hello guys and thanks for the replies.

In regards to Chevron; I look at their website, however they’re based 100s of miles away from my area.
(I’m based in London / They’re in North West Wales)

The price (£3,600) does include module-4 + all theory-tests expenses, yes.

And according to their website the way they do the training though is: Firstly put you through the Class 2 test, and then the Class 1 test a few days later.
(The reason they give for this is so even if you fail the Class 1 test, you would still walk-away with a Cat C license)
*I personally though have no interest in Class 2 work, so having a Cat C only license wouldn’t be of any value to me tbh. :confused:

CHEVRON HAVE FREE ACCOMODATION :smiley:
For those more than 70 miles away

Do they really do a C TEST or just a little training on C before CE :question:

No they actually put you through the Cat C official-test / And then the C+E test a few days later.

*I have my free assessment-day in 4-weeks time, so will explain to them then that I have no interest in Class 2 type-work, and so don’t want to do my Cat C;
Instead just want to purely do C+E (and if needed keep doing re-tests of C+E until I pass)

But you can still fail the class 2 test.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Does not make sense going for a C test when you are booked in for a CE test

Perhaps Chevron can explain why if that is correct :question: :question:

ROG:
Does not make sense going for a C test when you are booked in for a CE test

Perhaps Chevron can explain why if that is correct :question: :question:

Got to agree with Rog on this one. If you specifically want C+E then the more practice you get in that sort of truck can only be of benefit.

You are going to end up taking 2x module 3a aswell as module 3b tests, just seems to be wasting time and money in my opinion.
We offer our customers the choice and very few (if any) ask to take cat C followed by C+E immediately.
If you are unfortunate and fail the cat C, for some reason, then you won’t have much time left to jump up to C+E.

At the end of the day you are the paying customer and the course should be based on your preferrences.
I know nothing about the school you have chosen so please accept my comments as advise from me and not against them as a training school.

Peter Smythe Transport Training now has a couple of sister companies with further acquisitions due soon.

The common thread is that the customer must have what they want … provided it makes professional sense. The provider will then deliver and, hopefully, exceed expectations.

So you can book with Chevron with the same confidence that tens of thousands have had in Peter Smythe Transport Training.

See you by the ice cream van on Saturday !

Pete S[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I too had a quot for £3,600 from them (a £200 reduction from their usual £3,800 I was told, provided I signed up that day).

Bid my own research, found a local provider fare more interested in delivering quality training than taking my money and zero pressure sell. Should be £1000 cheaper - “should be” because once I have provisional HGV from DVLA they’ll do an assessment to confirm I’m suitable to do straight to Cat E. (Experienced driver, loads of time on sub 7.5 ton in my youth etc. etc.)

Will revert when I have discovered whether pride comes before fall (again!)

Got my CE few weeks ago on B to CE fast track, the course cost £2995, 4 days on a rigid and 5 days on artic with test at the end, included cpc mod 4 but not mod 1a/b. Also this was a bit cheaper as it was on a 2 student to 1 instructor. This was canterbury.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Anonymous86x:
Hello guys and thanks for the replies.

Firstly put you through the Class 2 test, and then the Class 1 test a few days later.
(The reason they give for this is so even if you fail the Class 1 test, you would still walk-away with a Cat C license)

This makes zero sense because you can just as easily fail your class 2 test. Waste of money and a very daft practice.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Looks bang on to me given the theory’s etc are included. I have seen it for over £4k down here though.Done mine with By-pass, car to C+E but I done all my theory’s myself. Then 2 days in rigid (felt like a tiny 7.5T after driving buses) then rest in Artic. I failed my 3a (nightmare rental neighbours next door keeping me awake so no sleep) and had to pay for a retest the next day. The prices shown are the norm down here although a mate went with another company first because they were cheaper but failed his part a because they never taught him a vital recoupling procedure. So he redone it all at By-pass.
Here’s my training schedule plus the costs.

This post will help a lot of newbies - thank you :smiley: