Looking for class 1 training in Glasgow area

Hi,

New to this forum, this is my first post.

I have passed my theory in December and looking to do the practical.

Spoke to gtg and they say I still have to do class 2 then class 1, 10 day course at £2900.

So do I have to do class 2 first? Does this price sound right?

Is there any recommendations for training in central Scotland? Anywhere from Ayrshire to Dundee?

Thanks in advance

You do not HAVE to do C then CE but some companies have tailored their training that way
Have you checked out the forum sponsor as well as the link in my signature below :question: :question:

I haven’t checked in with the sponsor but will be doing so, clicked your link so that gives me a few options, I see gtg there and they are not going straight to c+e.

I appreciate your help, thanks

£2900 is not unreasonable for both if it includes absolutely everything, maybe even guaranteed pass through some kind of pass protection?
Then it’s a case of yes you have 2 tests to sit, but also you might have class C to fall back on if you passed that but not CE first time.

Here is some quotes I got

Jim mair(ayr)
Cat C+E (without completing the Cat C Test)

Practical training is £185.00 + VAT per day, an assessment drive would determine how many days training would be required before test The average is 10 days so based on that the cost would be £1850.00 + VAT plus £115.00 DVSA test fee.

CTTS(Bathgate)
The cost from category B to C+E is £2875 9 day course includes module 4 CPC.

Ritchie(glasgow)
The cost for 10 days class training is £2800 inclusive of test fee.

All on ROG list
Hope this helps

Always ask if it includes module 3a - the off road reverse + un/couple training & test

Peter Smythe - forum sponsor 01623 555661 is £2475 allowing for Trucknet discount. Free accommodation. Includes 3a and 3b.

Well worth a call.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
Peter Smythe - forum sponsor 01623 555661 is £2475 allowing for Trucknet discount. Free accommodation. Includes 3a and 3b.

Well worth a call.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve sent an email, thank you

Stuart1:
Here is some quotes I got

Jim mair(ayr)
Cat C+E (without completing the Cat C Test)

Practical training is £185.00 + VAT per day, an assessment drive would determine how many days training would be required before test The average is 10 days so based on that the cost would be £1850.00 + VAT plus £115.00 DVSA test fee.

CTTS(Bathgate)
The cost from category B to C+E is £2875 9 day course includes module 4 CPC.

Ritchie(glasgow)
The cost for 10 days class training is £2800 inclusive of test fee.

All on ROG list
Hope this helps

Who did you go with?

Stew73:
Who did you go with?

I have still to decide, theory booked for this month. Swaying towards Jim Mair at the moment. Not easy choosing. If family circumstances were different I would definitely consider PSTT.

Given the current parameters:

You can get the ball rolling yourself with getting the medical and theory tests out of the way.

You can then approach a training provider about training and test for part 3a (reverse and uncouple / recouple).

Once you have completed this and have a pass, approach a training provider about on the road training and test (3b).

Either do the above straight to C+E or C then C+E, whichever is your preference.

If going straight to C+E, try to get the reverse in an artic and then the on the road in a wagon and drag.

Don’t pay out x amount for the full training in advance because you may find out you can’t reverse. Get that part first and have the pass safely in your back pocket.

If you can’t get part 3a on its own, kick up about it to let the trainers know it isn’t acceptable.

Noremac:
Don’t pay out x amount for the full training in advance because you may find out you can’t reverse. Get that part first and have the pass safely in your back pocket.

I’m hoping I can reverse an artic as I’m making the trip from South Wales up to PSTT on Monday for my Class 1 training with the test planned for Friday…

Any last-minute tips are much appreciated! I’ve been watching YouTube and practicing on Euro Truck Simulator to get a slight headstart, although I understand the real thing can’t be replicated.

Goff118:

Noremac:

I’m hoping I can reverse an artic as I’m making the trip from South Wales up to PSTT on Monday for my Class 1 training with the test planned for Friday…

Any last-minute tips are much appreciated! I’ve been watching YouTube and practicing on Euro Truck Simulator to get a slight headstart, although I understand the real thing can’t be replicated.

It is kind of understandable not doing the 3a separately if travelling. If you fail you probably have time to go again during the week. On principle I think you should be able to do it separately and from what I have heard PSTT do give this option.

In terms of tips, I can’t imagine PSTT not having anyone that isn’t more than able to talk you through what is required.

Yes, I think that should be the case regarding retaking it if required. Hope so anyway.

Did my Class 2 with PSTT in August, so looking forward to Class 1 next week now, even if still a little bit nervous about the sheer size of the thing ha ha!

Noremac:

That could work providing your chosen provider can accommodate 3B training within 6 months, as this is how long the 3A certificate is valid for.

Stew73:
Hi,

New to this forum, this is my first post.

I have passed my theory in December and looking to do the practical.

Spoke to gtg and they say I still have to do class 2 then class 1, 10 day course at £2900.

So do I have to do class 2 first? Does this price sound right?

Is there any recommendations for training in central Scotland? Anywhere from Ayrshire to Dundee?

Thanks in advance

Hey. Welcome to the forum. I have just recently passed my Class 2 with GTG in Glasgow. I can’t recommend them enough. From start to finish the whole process was very professional. The training centre is very modern, clean and has a great canteen.
Their fleet of training vehicles are new, well maintained and spotless too. The trainers are professional, patient and friendly.
A big bonus too is that it’s also a test centre so your reversing test etc is done in the same place that you are doing your training and practice.
Have a look at ITA funding on myworldofwork website and that will give you £200 towards your training.

If you have questions about the ITA funding, phone GTG and ask for Melissa, she helped me through the application for it as I didn’t think I was eligible for it.

Heard good things about Ritchies, my mate passed his Class 2 with them. be them or ctts for me when the time comes