Theory test.

Good afternoon all, just booked my theory test and I saw a separate option for the Hazard perception on the DVLA website. I was led to believe that this was part of the theory test. Do I need to book a HP test as well?

TIA

Hi there, Good luck on your journey. Yes the Hazard Perception is booked separately. I certainly did. All the best to you. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

BumpyRoads:
Hi there, Good luck on your journey. Yes the Hazard Perception is booked separately. I certainly did. All the best to you. Thanks.

Great, I’ll get that booked aswell.

I had to book mine in two places on two different dates. Was a pain but at least I could concentrate on one at a time. Go get them done [emoji3581]

If you do not already have a pre 97 C1 on your licence then you will also need mod 2 LGV CPC theory

If that is the case then it is best to book all 3 theory tests for the same day
Module 1a LGV theory
Module 1b LGV HPT
Module 2 LGV CPC theory

Even if the test centre gives you different times of the day for each of the three then usually as you if you would like to do the next one immediately so 3 in a row

I’m not a big fan of the hazard perception test. At best it gets people to think about how to beat the computer. The idea of scoring based on what someone else has decided is verging on the absurd / stupid IMHO.

Essentially a hoop to jump through and what I see on the roads from new drivers doesn’t imply to me that it weeds out those that will be bad at driving.

I’m sure there will be those that will come up with statistics proving it works, but more than likely they had a part in putting forward the idea or technology in the first place. “Hazard perception makes our roads 5% safer”…yeah, yeah… keep taking the tablets.

Noremac:
I’m not a big fan of the hazard perception test. At best it gets people to think about how to beat the computer. The idea of scoring based on what someone else has decided is verging on the absurd / stupid IMHO.

Essentially a hoop to jump through and what I see on the roads from new drivers doesn’t imply to me that it weeds out those that will be bad at driving.

I’m sure there will be those that will come up with statistics proving it works, but more than likely they had a part in putting forward the idea or technology in the first place. “Hazard perception makes our roads 5% safer”…yeah, yeah… keep taking the tablets.

A while after the HPT had been running the then head of the DSA publicly stated it was not fit for purpose and it has not changed since then in any great way

ROG:
If that is the case then it is best to book all 3 theory tests for the same day
Module 1a LGV theory
Module 1b LGV HPT
Module 2 LGV CPC theory

Even if the test centre gives you different times of the day for each of the three then usually as you if you would like to do the next one immediately so 3 in a row

very true, I booked all mine for one afternoon and they let me sit one after the other, with a ten min break between them