Theory Test, Hazard Perception & CPC Module 2

Hi everyone, I’m new around here and am currently in the early stages of getting my licence. I’ve had and passed my medical, got my provisional class C back from the DVLA and have booked all 3 theory tests (multiple choice, Hazard Perception & CPC Case studies) back to back at the end of November.

I’m just curious to know, is booking all 3 tests together the best way of doing it? My thinking was, it’s one trip to the theory test centre (which isn’t on my doorstep) and all the information should, hopefully, be fresh in my head, and I can get them all done in one hit, fingers crossed anyway. [emoji1696]

I’ve booked all 3 tests one hour apart, i.e. one at 10am, the next at 11am and the last at 12pm. I know they allow longer than this for each, but I’m assuming once I’m at the test centre, they will see what I’m there for and just let me do them one after another??

Does this sound like the right thing to do? Or should I tackle it another way. Thanks in advance! [emoji2]

They will usually let you sit them consecutively if you mention you have all three booked.

As reference, mine were booked for 8.00 / 10.00 & 12.00 - I think I was on my way home by 9.30am having completed all three.

Good luck. :smiley:

BishBashBosh:
They will usually let you sit them consecutively if you mention you have all three booked.

As reference, mine were booked for 8.00 / 10.00 & 12.00 - I think I was on my way home by 9.30am having completed all three.

Good luck. :smiley:

Same, I went in for 8am and I was back out with 3 certificates at quarter past 9. When I did it they asked if I wanted a break before doing the Mod 2 but I just wanted to get through it (was dreading that one the most so waiting around would’ve only been torturing myself).

No problem. My office aims to book all three consecutively. Cant always be made to happen but that’s the aim.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s great, thanks for the quick replies. I’m glad my plan is pretty much standard then! [emoji23]

I’ve done a lot of practice multiple choice tests and I’m pretty happy with that. I think I’ve got a good technique for the hazard perception too now. It’s a long time since I did my car test and I’d forgotten how fussy they are about when to click on the hazards!

I’m most concerned about the case studies. Any recommendations for practice tests or revision material? The official DVSA book for the mod 2 sounds pretty hopeless from what I’ve heard.

Cheers again! [emoji3]

Gazza2911:
That’s great, thanks for the quick replies. I’m glad my plan is pretty much standard then! [emoji23]

I’ve done a lot of practice multiple choice tests and I’m pretty happy with that. I think I’ve got a good technique for the hazard perception too now. It’s a long time since I did my car test and I’d forgotten how fussy they are about when to click on the hazards!

I’m most concerned about the case studies. Any recommendations for practice tests or revision material? The official DVSA book for the mod 2 sounds pretty hopeless from what I’ve heard.

Cheers again! [emoji3]

I have just got home having got 47 out of 50 for the Mod 2. I was also concerned about this one the most, but it was easier than the practice sessions (although I clocked up around 160 practice tests). The Hazard was a CGI and I found that a lot easier than the reality practice clips, but I still only managed to get 77 out of 100 on it… there is a technique which can be mastered but you need to avoid it looking like a ‘pattern’ of mouse clicks.
Back to Mod 2 however, I was worried about documentation i.e.carnets, TIR, cabotage, etc but only had 2 questions in that area, I was getting around 41-42 on practices, in reality today is the highest I have scored and that happened fortunately to be the test.

Congrats on passing! Yeah, I’ve found what seems to be a pretty decent practice site (lgvtheory.co.uk) and I’m not doing too bad with the practice tests so far. I’ve got all 3 of my theories booked at the end of the month, so fingers crossed, with a bit more revision, I’ll be fine [emoji2][emoji1696]

I’ll second that - lgvtheory.co.uk was the only thing I used, cheap at twice the price.

It was a bargain (I think it was £15 or something like that) although I was concerned it wouldn’t cover everything but I need not have worried.

Only criticism was it only had a few Hazard perception clips but I was able to find some elsewhere on the net and Youtube. My advice to anyone struggling with how to pass the Hazard perception is to watch several different videos on Youtube where driving school instructors (for cars) tell you how to click to make sure your input is registered correctly.
It was priceless advice for me. Blitzed the exam although it was my poorest of the three.

Oh and yes if you mention that you have more than one booked, they’ll tell you to raise your hand when you finish one so they’ll load the next one on to your computer.
I had Mod 1a and 1b on the same day, finished 1a early and she put the next one on - I was out of there before the allocated time for the 1a. Mod 2 next day.

Good luck

As well as lgvtheory.co.uk, I used www.drivingtheory4all.co.uk for CPC and additional hazard perception clips.

I sat mine back-to-back, and got 100% on all three. I was in and out in under an hour.

TruckerGuy:

I sat mine back-to-back, and got 100% on all three. I was in and out in under an hour.

I think we’ll need to see your certificate for that [emoji15] [emoji817] for hazard perception?

Hazard perception was by far my worst. Struggled with the timing of the clicks all through practice and on the test itself. Passed, but was really worried about it.
Theory was more up my street and I did well with that all through practice and then the test itself.

ZaphodB:
I’ll second that - lgvtheory.co.uk was the only thing I used, cheap at twice the price.

It was a bargain (I think it was £15 or something like that) although I was concerned it wouldn’t cover everything but I need not have worried.

Only criticism was it only had a few Hazard perception clips but I was able to find some elsewhere on the net and Youtube. My advice to anyone struggling with how to pass the Hazard perception is to watch several different videos on Youtube where driving school instructors (for cars) tell you how to click to make sure your input is registered correctly.
It was priceless advice for me. Blitzed the exam although it was my poorest of the three.

Oh and yes if you mention that you have more than one booked, they’ll tell you to raise your hand when you finish one so they’ll load the next one on to your computer.
I had Mod 1a and 1b on the same day, finished 1a early and she put the next one on - I was out of there before the allocated time for the 1a. Mod 2 next day.

Good luck

Yeah I’m getting the hang of the case studies now, since signing up for lgvtheory.co.uk. It’s very similar to the multiple choice questions for the main theory test to be fair, just phrased differently. They do lack a good choice of hazard perception videos though and I’ve found some elsewhere too. There is definitely a technique for the hazard perception and you’re right, there are some useful videos out there showing you some good tricks. It baffles me that you can spot a hazard ‘too early’! [emoji23]