Theory, Hazard & CPC

Good Morning all,

I have finally received my provisional license and my theory, Hazard & CPC is booked in for March.

I am a complete noob when it comes to HGV driving, i am currently reading the official HGV guide by DVSA to gain as much info as possible before my tests.

The reason i am starting this thread is to ask any one here who may be able to offer advice or point me in the right direction of a useful website to learn about CPC

Thanks for reading
BOBA

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

I used an app called “LGV Theory Test and Hazards" by Deep River Development, which has around 80 hazard perception videos and loads of multiple choice questions, just no mod 2 case studies unfortunately. I used lgvtheory.co.uk for that.
Hope this helps [emoji106]

I used:

safedrivingforlife.info/ for driving theory and hazard perception

drivingtheory4all.co.uk/ for CPC and hazard perception

lgvtheory.co.uk/ for driving theory.

I used lgvtheory.co.uk as well, which does the case studies as well.

I did 1-2hrs study a day.

My actual questions were easier than the sample questions on the website.

For multiple choice theory you should also read the Highway Code again and a little book called Know Your Road Signs - the latter book is a pretty boring read but I just did a few pages a day.

Hazard Perception can be tricky - you need to do all the hazard perception videos.
Also what the replay of each video to see where hazard start and end because its easy to click too early and if you click too early you effectively miss the hazard. Lots of people fail hazard perception because they click too early.
What I discovered is that if you click steadily a few times (probably not more than 5 clicks) upon noticing each hazard then there is less chance of clicking too early. You can’t just keep clicking all over the place though or you fail.

Also you need to get a feel for what a developing hazard is because everything is a potential hazard, a side road, traffic lights. You need to be clicking on more obvious developing hazards. Some are harder to spot like a bus approach a junction too fast and then pulling out on you when you have right of way.

I noticed a deer too late in the exam I remember that, there were no deers in any of the practice videos I did but there was one in my exam, still passed though. Keep practicing with the practice videos, watch the replay and try again each time you do one. I actually persevered until I score max on each one.

I think my hazard awareness has actually improved in real life because of this exercise.

What do you want to learn about CPC?

If it’s passing mod 2, then you just need to pass mod 1a and you will already have the knowledge to pass mod 2. This is because mod 2 is simply mod 1a asked in a different way.