Access- SATNAV route - Bikers parking bay?

I like learning by watching youtube and then looking closer, think it helps curve a mindset or something like that, as returning driver but long enough away to need to sharpen the skills back up.

I do feel for this guy, and he does well to get out the situation he ends up in, and was it his fault ? take a look make your own mind up, I dont think he stood much chance…

So in this one, the guy has his truck stuck in Southampton Centre, on east street… Google Maps

HERES TONIGHTS STUCK TRUCK MOMENT … used a clip over a news paper story. and its from 2014

#BREAKDOWN – just trying to learn from these things with others advice too… Feel the driver did well considering all the different people trying to direct him, including the police… one thing I took from this striaght away , is to work with just 1 person 2 at the most, and ignore the others, or pulled from left to right… not sure who I would pick, as the police seemed useless…

Lorry indicates a Lidi delivery which you can see on the map, I noticed the loading entrance is actually on Eastgate Street, and thought maybe the poor guy just got the wrong address in his satnav, (if he was using one), or even on his Phillips map, easy mistake to make EastStreet and Eastgate if not looking closely at paperwork, and even some paperwork can be sketchy at times…# pointed out by others he could of fit through as has to be wide enough for fire trucks, so bikes look to be the issue.

Phillips Map (close up, now what your looking at is, you’ve used your map to check the area for low bridges and width restrictions) nothing showing,.
Now its not showing the issue this driver faced, narrow street… basically created by the COUNCIL ! and have read a few times now, they dont always notify the relevant authorities of their additions

Pointed out by others that the bike parking bay was the main issue for the driver.

TomTom route planner / now TomTom does give three routes, and the other two would of got through, however TomTom’s first choice is the same route through EastStreet (HGV settings were set)

GarminLGV700(on loan from Amazon whilst test it for 29days :laughing: ) GARMIN to be a better route planner ?,

TomTom gave the two options round it.
Shops today Im told give details of deliveries and the routes in (can someone confirm Aldi does ?, so this tells me also to use their routes provided, even if they look odd, they’ll be a reason

This guy if he didnt get drivers notes, I can see why this happened, it was back in 2014, and think just unlucky really, so learned again
GOOGLE STREET VIEW DROPS FIRST and my route in,
Dont trust Satnavs too much, even garmins,
and only work with 1 person, 2 at the most, and tell anyone else this, so they allow focus whilst getting out.
Any other tips from others, or the expereinced guys… store deliveries today Im told are well documneted for drivers… is this all of them, or has anyone else had similar happen …?

was this the issue ? or more the bikes now others have commented.

There’s a reason the highway code says don’t park within 10 metres of a junction, but council planners choose to ignore this and put parking bays near junctions (which the highway code says you can park in thus making a mockery of the rule) If the motorcycle bay isn’t there maybe he has a chance? Why doesn’t he just drive through and come out the other side, I know they have narrowed the road but it has to be big enough to get a fire engine and a bin lorry through so if that’s the case you can get a HGV through, in fact if you look at the street view from 2011… google.co.uk/maps/@50.90176 … 6?hl=en-GB You can clearly see a hgv has gone through, and there are no signs saying that you cant.

#The bikes I thought he could get past, then again wouldnt be impressed if was that close to a bike of mine.

Bikes outside the bay lol – (thats not the real issue though, just kidding.), however police could of leagally moved it backwards for the driver, they usually like towing anything even just inches on double yellow lines…or maybe just London ones lol.

THIS PIC REMOVED AS TOO WIDE (link to it left in place) - ROG THE MOD
i.ibb.co/jbqsQM4/bike4.jpg

Thought the barriers had made it feel too tight for him, but if have to be wide enough for fire trucks… wide enough…and google history view like you say shows it … handy tool to use…ta !
Maybe a reverse to get a more striaght run at it could of just about been possible, as trailers kinked at on this picture, so striaght line, and breathed in, compared to the akward reverse he did and felt for him with all those people watching…
( might of dropped trailer and just run away, come back at night time, or not, and just tell Transport office, :open_mouth: “Trailer…wot trailer, never had one, dont know what your on about” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )