Copy of CPC hours off the DVLA website?

Hi, i have a driving assessment next week and they have asked me to bring my driving licence, DQC card and digi tacho card which i have. They also have asked i need to bring a copy of CPC hours of DVLA website? Im a new pass so i am assuming i dont have any CPC hours? Can anyone help,?

Have you done any CPC training and have you got a driver qualification card? If yes to both then you have driver CPC, if not then you can’t drive commercially without a CPC card.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Just re read it and you state you have your DQC so that means you have done the required hours for CPC.

Use this link and register if you haven’t already for your online driver CPC record.

gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

From memory when you register they send you your password in a letter to first use the online check and then once logged in you can then change it.

That will show hours completed and whether they are valid for next card or used for the current card. You can then print out a record.

Although why they insist on that when you clearly have a DQC valid card on your possession which proves you have done the required hours is beyong me. In theory as long as you have your card you are good to drive.

Sometimes the training is recalled by dvsa as its shown to be short time or inadequate in another way. This could happen and the driver "forget " to return the card. But I’m expecting it would show on a print out.

Just a thought, Pete S[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I don’t see this as an unreasonable request if it’s an interview for a permanent job. It’s becoming quite standard for TCs to expect TMs to know which courses their drivers have done, especially if all 35 hours were done before the rules on repetition were brought in.

TMs are expected to arrange one day’s DCPC per year. Knowing what the driver has or has not done in the previous five years gives them an idea of what should be being scheduled.

1979Andrew:
Hi, i have a driving assessment next week and they have asked me to bring my driving licence, DQC card and digi tacho card which i have. They also have asked i need to bring a copy of CPC hours of DVLA website? Im a new pass so i am assuming i dont have any CPC hours? Can anyone help,?

I assume you did parts 2 and 4 so you would have a card, but haven’t done the 35 hrs of classroom or online training?

stu675:

1979Andrew:

I assume you did parts 2 and 4 so you would have a card, but haven’t done the 35 hrs of classroom or online training?

Yes, i havent done 35hrs classroom or online trianing.

simcor:
Just re read it and you state you have your DQC so that means you have done the required hours for CPC.

Use this link and register if you haven’t already for your online driver CPC record.

gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

From memory when you register they send you your password in a letter to first use the online check and then once logged in you can then change it.

That will show hours completed and whether they are valid for next card or used for the current card. You can then print out a record.

Although why they insist on that when you clearly have a DQC valid card on your possession which proves you have done the required hours is beyong me. In theory as long as you have your card you are good to drive.

I tried that last nigjt and it said i dont have any training recorded yet.

It sounds like you’ve got your cpc card by passing mod 2 and mod 4. That won’t show on your training record as it only shows periodic training. That’s the requirement to complete 35 hours every 5 years. Best done 7 hours per year.

Hope this helps. Hopefully the person you see will understand how the system works.

Good luck with it, Pete S[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

If I were you I would get myself booked on a driver’s hours and tacho course. As a new driver you will certainly need it, you just don’t learn enough doing mod 2 and mod 4 about drivers hours. Try and do a classroom one also, they are far easier to ask questions in and concentrate on. This will then allow you to register online at .gov.uk. It will also show any prospective employer you are serious.

Road2ruin:
If I were you I would get myself booked on a driver’s hours and tacho course. As a new driver you will certainly need it, you just don’t learn enough doing mod 2 and mod 4 about drivers hours. Try and do a classroom one also, they are far easier to ask questions in and concentrate on. This will then allow you to register online at .gov.uk. It will also show any prospective employer you are serious.

Sorry I disagree. Yes it’s a good long term plan, but in the short term with the op going for a job interview in the morning they don’t need any nagging doubt in their mind. Whether the employer is willing to accept a new pass or not will not change if they have a few hours of CPC. CPC is a terrible medium for learning anything (IME) plenty of opportunities of learning drivers hours and more from the resources of this forum, videos and links etc.

stu675:
CPC is a terrible medium for learning anything (IME) plenty of opportunities of learning drivers hours and more from the resources of this forum, videos and links etc.

If that was the case then we wouldn’t see so many posts on TN asking basic questions on DH and WTD/RTD. A good Driver’s Hours CPC by an experienced trainer who is able to answer a wide variety of questions is not only expected by DVSA but is far better than watching Youtube videos or reading random webpages on your own.

The training provider where I send my drivers have a DH/WTD DCPC that is detailed and testing enough that I use some of it for my own Transport Manager Refresher courses and when I’m assisting them deliver their TM-CPC course.

Slightly off topic but I believe the current hours/tachos section of the theory test is useless. If this was beefed up considerably, folks would have to learn it and it would also lend some credibility to the theory test.

I also fully accept that much of the learning has always been done “on the job”. That’s fine so long as infringements dont mount up in the meantime.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Zac_A:

If that was the case then we wouldn’t see so many posts on TN asking basic questions .

It’s natural to ask rather than search. You can’t search if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

stu675:
It’s natural to ask rather than search. You can’t search if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

An excellent answer to the OPs original question, which was about a potential employer wanting to see their DCPC record, and what the purpose of that would be.

The new employer would most definitely want to see DH/WTD on that record, if they didn’t see that, they would want to know how the driver learns the essential things they need to know. They wouldn’t be impressed to know he posts basic questions online because he didn’t know what he should be looking for.

Zac_A:

stu675:

An excellent answer to the OPs original question, which was about a potential employer wanting to see their DCPC record, and what the purpose of that would be.

The new employer would most definitely want to see DH/WTD on that record, if they didn’t see that, they would want to know how the driver learns the essential things they need to know. They wouldn’t be impressed to know he posts basic questions online because he didn’t know what he should be looking for.

I would just expect the employer to give a 30 questions multi choice test during the interview. Would give a more accurate representation of the candidate’s knowledge, than what courses they have attended.

Zac_A:

stu675:

How will said employer know what was or was not covered on the course(s)? All they will see is the name of the provider, the name of the course and dates, validity etc. There is nothing there to show what subject(s) were covered. I’ve done 13 courses since 2011 and there is no mention on my Training Record of Drivers’ Hours or Working Time Directive yet most of the courses have included both…

I would expect a sensible course title to give a good idea of the content, my DCPC record includes courses named: (i) Drivers Hours, WTD and Tachographs (ii) Safe Vehicle Loading, (iii) Emergency First Aid etc.

If the course titles are waffle, (Driver Essentials is one I see used by various training providers) it takes no effort for the interviewer to ask “Which of these covered drivers hours? Which covered load security”. If the interviewer CBA to take a measure of his interviewee, it’s probably one of those outfits who are happy for the driver to take all the risks and they’ll drop him if he’s getting infringements left right and centre.

I had the driving assessment today which included an hours drive and a reverse onto the bay between two lorrys. I passed with no faults.
The only thing im not confident is the CPC hours. When i arrived they asked for them as well as the drivers card etc etc. I told them im a new pass and when i put my details on the webpage it shows as zero hours. I showed them my CPC certificate as well. They didnt seem to get it. Amyway they took my cards and entered the details on the computer then gave them me back and said i can go on the drive now.
Fingers crossed i get the job.

Good luck with the job. I passed earlier this year; the DVLA website doesn’t show anything on my CPC record and won’t until I’ve done some additional CPC training. And you can’t register until you’ve done some additional training. But we have 5 years before that’s needed…

(No, I won’t leave it that long though, I plan to do some tacho and eco driving courses this year)