Cost of going straight to C+E Class 1

I am interested in the residential course at PSTT; the B to C+E route. I passed the LGV theory and Mod 2 in December.
May I ask if the 30 hours training is all done in an artic or is it split between a rigid and artic?
is there any option to include Mod 4 in the residential course too? If yes, what would be the total cost and duration of 3a/b+4 at PSTT?

The training is generally all completed in artic - but you have the option of having a session or 2 in a rigid if you wish.

It would be normal practice to complete the Mod 4 during the period you’re with PSTT. But this would not encroach on the 30 hrs.

You would be trained by a fully qualified and registered instructor (not a legal requirement and is actually quite unusual) and tested at the PSTT private test centre - which is where you’ve been trained. PSTT had the very first private test centre in the UK in 2008. I, personally, conducted the first 3a test in the country on 15th Nov 2021. You will find that the Mod 3a examiner is one of many on the PSTT staff and the same goes for MOD 4. The thick end of 200 folks have passed their 3a with PSTT since November.

With residential courses, the reversing and 3a test are completed as a priority at the start of the course. Non - residential can often have the 3a completed a week or 2 before the rest of the course.

Pricing is straightforward and transparent.

B to CE is £2475 (allowing for Trucknet course discount)
MOD 4 £300
Pass Protection (optional) covers THREE retests £395
Accommodation is free of charge

Of course, there are cheaper options. Choices are yours. But, unless you have rock solid recommendation (which you have for PSTT) please visit the centre and satisfy yourself that it’s a place you want to spend your hard earned.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing: