New Year - New Courses!

I promised I would announce the new courses today. So here they are:

Direct Access (car to artic) 30 hours £2610

Cat C (any rigid vehicle) 14 hours £1314

CAT C without test £1134 14 hours

CAT C taster before Direct Access course 3 hours £243

CAT CE from C or D 20 hours £1786.50

All quoted prices are Trucknet discounted.

Retest £350

Pass Protection £395 (covers 3 retests - value £1050).

Residential at no additional cost.

Please call 01623 555661 to enquire or book.

Good luck all, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I will be in touch once I get my provisional entitlement and theory’s tests out the way!

Very interesting!

Will you be offering a pass protection/fail insurance add on option to the direct access?

What will CE be Pete if you have a C licence?

Thanks

Will you be offering a pass protection/fail insurance add on option to the direct access?

Yes, £395 covers 3 retests. Value £1050.

Original post edited to include this. Thanks for the question.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

What will CE be Pete if you have a C licence?

Trucknet rate with the discount is £1786.50 fully inclusive.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the question. I’ve included this in the original post as it was missed in error.

When does this apply from?

Right now I’m looking at C then CE simply due to timing with the licence changes, but I’ll be penalized quite heavily for doing this■■?

Direct Access B to CE (30 hours) = £2610

Cat C (14 hours) £1314 + CAT CE (20 hours) £1786.50 = £3100.50

So the direct route is some £490.50 cheaper■■?

Are all these courses based upon 4 hours/day? So Direct would be 7.5 days, and C then CE would be 3.5 and 5 days respectively (8.5 total)?

The way the PSTT pricing structure works is that there is a charge of £200 within the course for test fee/use of vehicle for test. Taking the Direct Access route saves a test - so £200 straight away.

And then the 4 hours are saved as well.

You have the option of holding on a couple of weeks and then exchanging your licence for CE provisional which will put you in a position to take the Direct Access.

The whole object of these courses is to give options and choices. PSTT have no wish to dictate a method of training.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

The way the PSTT pricing structure works is that there is a charge of £200 within the course for test fee/use of vehicle for test. Taking the Direct Access route saves a test - so £200 straight away.

And then the 4 hours are saved as well.

You have the option of holding on a couple of weeks and then exchanging your licence for CE provisional which will put you in a position to take the Direct Access.

The whole object of these courses is to give options and choices. PSTT have no wish to dictate a method of training.

Yes - thank you!

Am I correct in thinking 4 hours equates to one additional training day?

I’m not evading the question - just evading it!! A training day at PSTT can run anything between 3 and 7 hours depending on training availability and what suits the candidate. So a “day” might well be 4 hours. But eg, the Direct Access Course is set up on 5 hour days (subject to this working ok for the candidate.) PSTT has always worked around the candidate’s requests so far as possible.

Question nicely evaded - I hope!

Pete S:

I’m not evading the question - just evading it!! A training day at PSTT can run anything between 3 and 7 hours depending on training availability and what suits the candidate. So a “day” might well be 4 hours. But eg, the Direct Access Course is set up on 5 hour days (subject to this working ok for the candidate.) PSTT has always worked around the candidate’s requests so far as possible.

Question nicely evaded - I hope!

:laughing: :laughing:

Fair enough! :smiley:

You can evade the rest of this post. :laughing:

Morning Pete, can I ask how much of the 30 hours for direct CE from b do you expect to be training in a C? Compared to the 20 for C to CE. Would be interesting to know…if people training direct b to CE are going to get more time behind the wheel of a CE before test than the other group.

Morning Pete, can I ask how much of the 30 hours for direct CE from b do you expect to be training in a C? Compared to the 20 for C to CE. Would be interesting to know…if people training direct b to CE are going to get more time behind the wheel of a CE before test than the other group.

Thanks for the question. The answer is none. IF the candidate wishes to have time in a C, this can be made to happen before the course. 3 hours £243. Other than that, all training is on artic.

Where possible (cant always be the case) the reversing, uncouple/recouple will be done a couple of weeks prior to the main course. And this means the candidate is already familiar with a larger vehicle. So happy days!

Cptkimura:
I will be in touch once I get my provisional entitlement and theory’s tests out the way!

me too!

Sent my d2/d4 and licensee of 5th sept… hoping it’s back soon. Still no entitlement on the gov site either :frowning:

Pete S:

Thanks for the question. The answer is none. IF the candidate wishes to have time in a C, this can be made to happen before the course. 3 hours £243. Other than that, all training is on artic.

Where possible (cant always be the case) the reversing, uncouple/recouple will be done a couple of weeks prior to the main course. And this means the candidate is already familiar with a larger vehicle. So happy days!

Hi Pete. I have my C+E training at PSTT in January (passed C there earlier this year and can’t wait to come back!). I’m down in South Wales, so not sure if it’s worth me coming up prior, to do the reversing and uncouple/recouple beforehand. Hopefully it’ll not take too much time out of the week’s course. What do you think?

Goff118:
Hi Pete. I have my C+E training at PSTT in January (passed C there earlier this year and can’t wait to come back!).
I’m down in South Wales, so not sure if it’s worth me coming up prior, to do the reversing and uncouple/recouple beforehand.
Hopefully it’ll not take too much time out of the week’s course. What do you think?

My opinion -
If the lot can be done in one go then I would do that if on a residential course

I have my C+E training at PSTT in January (passed C there earlier this year and can’t wait to come back!). I’m down in South Wales, so not sure if it’s worth me coming up prior, to do the reversing and uncouple/recouple beforehand. Hopefully it’ll not take too much time out of the week’s course. What do you think?

I would stick to doing it with the course because of the travel involved. Having said that, if you’ve any reason to be in the vicinity, I would consider asking the office to sort it.

The beauty of the new system is that the reversing, uncouple/recouple can be tested at the optimum time. Doesn’t guarantee a pass, but enhances the possibility.

You could expect the first session to be taken up with the off road manoeuvres.

This makes sense, thanks guys!

I have recently passed my C with pstt, and am now tempted to get my name down for the class 1. Without mithering the office I don’t suppose u would have any idea what the waiting time is like to on a C+e course? As a separate note did u have any intention to downsize those trailers at PSTT as they are humongous on the c+e :slight_smile:

I have recently passed my C with pstt, and am now tempted to get my name down for the class 1. Without mithering the office I don’t suppose u would have any idea what the waiting time is like to on a C+e course? As a separate note did u have any intention to downsize those trailers at PSTT as they are humongous on the c+e :slight_smile:

Firstly, congratulations on the pass!

I just mithered the office; next CE (upgrade from C) course is Wednesday 2nd Feb with test on the following Tuesday. If residential, the next date is Monday 14th Feb with test on the Friday. These are what are available as I write but will obviously change.

You probably know that I sold PSTT a year ago so I have little say in things like trailers. But fret not, there’s lots of advantages to using a full length trailer (13.6m). More room for reversing, all the space you want at junctions (without having to decide too often if you’ve taken excessive space) and respect from other road users and examiners. Certainly, left to me, there would be no move from “proper” trailers. I am still with PSTT in a consultative role and this is something that has been touched on briefly but I am not aware of any upcoming changes.

You may have seen a particularly tall red trailer in the last week or two. That is a temporary stop gap whilst another trailer is in for maintenance. But the added height makes little difference on training and it fits under all the bridges the same as the others.