Newbies, Check with your Training Provider

…that you’re going to get your Initial DCPC included with your training package!

I won’t name them, for obvious reasons, but there’s one long-established north-east driving school who are putting guys through their training but somehow repeatedly failing to mention to their candidates that they will need their Initial DCPC before they can use their licence to work.
It’s especially worrying when they come to you, having worked for another company as a driver for a year or more, and yet not one person has bothered to make sure they were legal to drive :open_mouth:

Zac_A:
…that you’re going to get your Initial DCPC included with your training package!

I won’t name them, for obvious reasons, but there’s one long-established north-east driving school who are putting guys through their training but somehow repeatedly failing to mention to their candidates that they will need their Initial DCPC before they can use their licence to work.
It’s especially worrying when they come to you, having worked for another company as a driver for a year or more, and yet not one person has bothered to make sure they were legal to drive :open_mouth:

I’m busy going through mine with a North East company. I need to ring to book my practical tomorrow anyway so will ask that very question

Zac_A:

I also thought that when you passed your modules 1 to 4 doing your theory tests and practicals for Cat C that gave you enough to automatically get your DCPC? Or is that not correct?

mburt 80:

Zac_A:

I also thought that when you passed your modules 1 to 4 doing your theory tests and practicals for Cat C that gave you enough to automatically get your DCPC? Or is that not correct?

Yeh, that is correct.

Module 1 - split in two parts, A and B, which is MCQ and HPT
Module 2 - CPC Case Studies
Module 3 - Practical driving test
Module 4 - CPC practical test

Upon completion of all 4 modules you’ll have your Initial CPC.

I agree with what Zac is saying but also, people need to take some responsibility for making sure they’re doing everything they need to do in order to be legal.

I’m starting my Class 2 training this week and have already done my CPC as I have a C1/7.5T license already.

Sent from my Samsung device using Tapatalk

I don’t agree that it must be included by your training provider (you could find 35hrs online cheaper/better from an alternative). But yes they must definitely make it clear to newbies what is required.

stu675:
I don’t agree that it must be included by your training provider (you could find 35hrs online cheaper/better from an alternative). But yes they must definitely make it clear to newbies what is required.

I’m almost certain you can’t do the 35 hours periodic training if you haven’t already done the initial CPC (unless you have C1 on your license due to grandfather rights).

bugger.lugs:

stu675:

I’m almost certain you can’t do the 35 hours periodic training if you haven’t already done the initial CPC (unless you have C1 on your license due to grandfather rights).

Another thing I was going to clarify. I complete my modules 1 to 4 while doing my Cat C course. Pass all of that and gain my CPC.

I then go on to complete my Cat C+E and my ADR - can any of those be taken into account to go towards my COC for the following 5 years ■■

bugger.lugs:

stu675:

Exactly, I think all the newbies are over 50 [emoji1787]

mburt 80:

bugger.lugs:

stu675:

Another thing I was going to clarify. I complete my modules 1 to 4 while doing my Cat C course. Pass all of that and gain my CPC.

I then go on to complete my Cat C+E and my ADR - can any of those be taken into account to go towards my COC for the following 5 years ■■

ADR will give you CPC day for day. So yes, I don’t think ADR is a full 5 days? But you’d be on your way to your first 10 years.

stu675:

mburt 80:

bugger.lugs:

stu675:

ADR will give you CPC day for day. So yes, I don’t think ADR is a full 5 days? But you’d be on your way to your first 10 years.

It is 5 days with the tankers but I know you can only use 21 hours towards the CPC - only cos it was a question on the theory lol.

That would be excellent of I can use that towards the second 5 years lol

stu675:

INITIAL CPC is required for those who do not have a pre-1997 car licence and therefore cannot use their freebie C1 entitlement as a way to jump straight to PERIODIC DCPC.
There are younger people coming into the industry, it’s just that they probably are not well represented on TN at the moment :wink:

Many (but not all) ADR courses will count for 28 hours of DCPC if you include tanks, you don’t get anything for the exam day. But as I said, my post was aimed at people who need Initial DCPC not Periodic