Have I applied for this the wrong way?

I have my provisonal for HGV. I went onto DVLA website and booked Mod 1 and 1a ( theory and hazard) for the one day. According to sources I should also be allowed to book my Mod 2 (Case studies), however the DVLA website is only giving me the option of motorbike theory. Have I applied for soemthing wrong here or do I have to wait until I pass Parts 1 and 1b, which obviously states elsewhere that that is not the case. Any help as always gratefully received. Thanks

Do you have C1 7.5Tonne entitlement on your license?

When did you pass your car test? If it was before 97 I think, then you have C1 entitlement and can drive 7.5t. if so you can do 35hrs of CPC periodic training which you can do online at the moment you just need to do the course to get your CPC card. If not it might just be DVSA being rubbish. Good luck if you have to phone them about 2hrs on hold

1van:
When did you pass your car test? If it was before 97 I think, then you have C1 entitlement and can drive 7.5t. if so you can do 35hrs of CPC periodic training which you can do online at the moment you just need to do the course to get your CPC card. If not it might just be DVSA being rubbish. Good luck if you have to phone them about 2hrs on hold

and

stu675:

Firstly, thank you very much for the replies. Secondly I would like to nominate my self as a top $£$#@!?. You are both right of course. Yes I have 7.5t back in 1987 car licence. So I don;t have to do MOD 2 or MOD4 and its just theory, hazard, drive and CPC periodic online?

I know someone else gave similar advice but I was just not getting it. This saves me loads if it is the case. Thanks again

KAOSWATERS:

1van:

and

stu675:

Firstly, thank you very much for the replies. Secondly I would like to nominate my self as a top $£$#@!?. You are both right of course. Yes I have 7.5t back in 1987 car licence. So I don;t have to do MOD 2 or MOD4 and its just theory, hazard, drive and CPC periodic online?

I know someone else gave similar advice but I was just not getting it. This saves me loads if it is the case. Thanks again

No problem glad to help. It’s a complicated business all the different tests you have to do.
At the moment you can do the CPC online due to covid. They could change it back to classroom anytime. It’s a bit of a slog 5 days of 7hrs on zoom but gives you a lot better choice of companies. I found it useful to get my head around driver’s hours and regs. Once you have done it you can get 7.5t work which will help with passing your test and getting work on bigger trucks as you have experience

You can do the 35 hours now as you have C1
You can get a digicard with just a car licence

ROG:
You can do the 35 hours now as you have C1
You can get a digicard with just a car licence

Thanks for that ROG. I’m booked on a online CPC in a couple of weeks. Digicard has now arrived. Getting there, slowly.