Confusion - modules 2 & 4 CPC

Hello people,
Sorry if this question has been posted before, I did have a quick look but…
I’m 46 and passed my car test in 1985 - so well before the 1997 rule.
I only passed my class 2 in November 2012, then my class 1 in January 2013. I was told by my instructor that as I’d had my car licence for so long, I has “grandfather rights” to drive 7.5 tonne vehicles (which I spent many years doing), and as such didn’t need to do modules 2 & 4 of the CPC before gaining my LGV licences - which seems to be the case as I was given my licences by the DVLA and have been driving class 1 commercially since January 2013.
I was doing a CPC module yesterday and my instructor informed me that I would have to sit modules 2 & 4 before I would be issued with my DCPC card - is this correct?

I have sent an e-mail to VOSA, sorry DSA and I received an automated reply saying something like “cheers for your e-mail, we aim to respond within 10 days”. It’s doing my head in now - have any of you been in this situation and what was the outcome?

Many Thanks in advance,

Nigel.

You have until Sept this year to complete the 35 hours of periodic training to gain you Driver CPC card.
You do not need to complete the Mod 2&4 - the trainer is giving you the wrong information - no wonder we get a bad name as trainers.

John

chevmac,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. I was told this but when someone with supposedly " all the knowledge" tells you different, you start to wonder!!

Thanks for that, I will take great pleasure in telling him at the next CPC training that he is wrong - you sir, are a gent!!!

John @ Chevmac is absolutely correct as always. The only thing I would add is to check with the trainer that the last session was uploaded. They have 5 working days to do this after which time, it’s lost.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Seems like another trainer was not getting the concept of what LGV means

There are still some out there who think of LGV as HGV and HGV used to be thought of as anything over 7.5 tonnes whereas LGV means anything over 3.5 tonnes - The LGV C1 would not normally be referred to as HGV

Peter, ROG,
Thanks for that - I can now spend the money I would have spent on modules 2 & 4 on carpet cleaner and bananas, like yer do!!
Seriously though, you have all put my mind at rest - thank you.

Nigel.

Let this be a lesson to you, for some odd reason DCPC trainers seem to all spout copious amounts of bull shine. Seriously, if they tell you it’s sunny out have a quick look out the window just to make sure.

Not all Terry - this one give him the correct info :wink:

John

chevmac:
Not all Terry - this one give him the correct info :wink:

John

You must have escaped from the DCPC zoo then before the brainwashing set in :grimacing:

Big difference is I have done the job- much better if you can speak from experience -I couldn’t run fast enough to escape lol

John