Tacho entry after a year away from driving?!

So after just over a year away from driving, I’ve been lucky enough to land a run for an agency next week.
I’m currently self employed and keeping a diary of my ‘working hours’ this week, whilst reading up and revisiting as much as I can in the meantime going over WTD, coupling/uncoupling etc.
Question is, what on earth am I supposed to whack in the Tacho when the card goes in after a long lay off?!
I’m half expecting smoke to come out of it like Del’s dodgy car radio on the Jolly Boys Outing!!!
Apologies if something similar has been posted before, any help would be massively appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Don’t bother putting any manual entries in for previous days. If you have the weekend off then start on Monday driving then you’ve just had your weekly rest so you will only need to put anything from Mondays shift before you get your vehicle

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For the time from when you last ejected the card to the time that you start your driving shift next week use the ? symbol.

The ? is for time that cannot be accounted for by a record on your driver card.

tachograph:
For the time from when you last ejected the card to the time that you start your driving shift next week use the ? symbol.

The ? is for time that cannot be accounted for by a record on your driver card.

Exactly what I do, if I’ve not driven for a few weeks. Never had an issue when the card is downloaded from the TMs.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Brilliant, thanks guys, very much appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

As above, the correct answer is probably to use the question mark symbol up until your start time and then put other work from your start time until you put your card in.

Then your manual record comes into play when questioned if you have enough rest before starting. Officially this should be on tachograph paper or an analogue tachograph chart, but a diary is generally understood to be acceptable. Start and finish times only required.