Some tachograph help for a newbie

Currently doing my first day of driving, (class 1 if anyone’s interested) anyway after I took my break my tacho driving time went down to 0, which is all fine and good but now where do I find my total days driving time? I done a printout and I see it on there. Just can’t see it on the tach itself.
The line under driving time whatever that is says 16hours for some reason? Hope that isn’t it? Hahah shouldn’t be [emoji15] anyway if anyone could shed some light on the situation would be marvellous, much appreciated in advance.

Also I’m tramping… Do I pull my card at the end of the day or just leave it in all week? Thanks haha.

Hit the OK button to bring up the menu. Scroll down using the arrows till you get to DISPLAY 1. That will then show you the printout in digital form two lines at a time. Scroll all the way down and you’ll find your total driving time. You’ll want to give it 5 or so minutes once you stopped for the unit to dump the info to the card.

I always pull my card whilst others leave it in. The reason I pull it is that is there is no chance of me leaving it on other work by accident.

Digital tachographs don’t show the days total driving time.

From memory, the line under the daily driving time on a printout is other work (cross hammers), does the line start with the cross hammers symbol ?

Whether you pull the card out or leave it in at the end of the shift is up-to you, if you choose to leave your card in the tachograph you need to go into the menu and select the shift end country symbols.

Personally I’ve always taken the card out at the end of a shift but as I say it’s a matter of personal choice.

That second line of driving time is how much driving you’ve done over a two week period. That should never exceed 90 hours lest you get stopped by VOSA. He won’t take kindly to that!

Digital tachos absolutely do show total driving time. It’s under DISPLAY in the menu.

Radar19:
Digital tachos absolutely do show total driving time. It’s under DISPLAY in the menu.

True you can get to the days total driving time if you have the time and inclination to scroll through the whole days activities, though it’s easier and quicker to do a printout.

tachograph:

Radar19:

True you can get to the days total driving time if you have the time and inclination to scroll through the whole days activities, though it’s easier and quicker to do a printout.

Saves the roll. Do you not care for the environment? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just browsing this as going to be doing my class 2 training soon.Do you do any thing to cover tachos during training? Or do you literally search it up yourself.

We encourage our candidates to spend a day learning tacho use and the drivers’ hours rules. That’s good preparation for the outside world rather than get thrown into it.

We could spend time during the driving course, but I believe most folks would rather concentrate on the actual driving and learn tachos separately.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wheres best to read up on it??Thanks.

Just blag it…

If I know my tacho is going to reset my drive time I write down how much I’ve done on my notes. Total it up if I need to know. Saves hunting through menus to find the info.

If you are using a stoneridge tacho go in to the menu and scroll down till you get to info.Once you get to info press ok then scroll down and it will tell you what you need to know.No need for a printout or need to worry about anything.

Found this site on here a while back which simulates the main taco types. Think it still works, but as its flash it fails on my phone. Dont worry about it being Spanish as the sim is multilingual.

fomento.es/transportes/simul … _adsl.html

Wish tacho and such came in training…but then rather wish i’d done my class 2 training with Peter. :slight_smile:

tachograph:

From memory, the line under the daily driving time on a printout is other work (cross hammers), does the line start with the cross hammers symbol ?

Whether you pull the card out or leave it in at the end of the shift is up-to you, if you choose to leave your card in the tachograph you need to go into the menu and select the shift end country symbols.

Personally I’ve always taken the card out at the end of a shift but as I say it’s a matter of personal choice.

Thanks tacho. Just another question when I put my card back in, in the morning does it just assume I’ve been on break since I took it out?

raxore:

tachograph:

Thanks tacho. Just another question when I put my card back in, in the morning does it just assume I’ve been on break since I took it out?

I normally do a manual entry but others don’t.

I see, well as long as I’m fine not doing so thanks for the reply. My first week driving/tramping has certainly been full of learning!

raxore:
I see, well as long as I’m fine not doing so thanks for the reply. My first week driving/tramping has certainly been full of learning!

The only reason I do it is because I like to keep my times to within 15 minutes so its easier to work out when I need a break or when to pull the card.