Drive academy scheme

Hi all,

I am seeking some guidance on the driver academy scheme offered by Pertemps.

It is my understanding that they fund the licenses and then require you to work under there client companies for 2 years once completed.

I’m wondering if this is a good opportunity or something that I should stay well clear of? I dont have the funds to get through the licenses on my own.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Disclaimer: I don’t work for them at all and never trained with them.

I can see it being a potentially exploitative arrangement - lure you in with “free” training, but then tie you into shoddy Ts and Cs for 2 years or owe them potentially £5k (far beyond training costs if you funded it yourself).

The fact they say it costs £5k is a big red warning sign for me.

YMMV.

I’m prepared to be corrected.

TruckerGuy:
Disclaimer: I don’t work for them at all and never trained with them.

I can see it being a potentially exploitative arrangement - lure you in with “free” training, but then tie you into shoddy Ts and Cs for 2 years or owe them potentially £5k (far beyond training costs if you funded it yourself).

The fact they say it costs £5k is a big red warning sign for me.

YMMV.

I’m prepared to be corrected.

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

I also share your concerns, I imagine it wouldn’t leave me with much choice regarding the employment during the first 2 years. They are happy to provide a copy of the contract so I will have a read through it and look for some more red flags.

On one side you don’t have to pay for training or worry about getting a job if they can’t find work for you be sitting at home other side get a lot of crappy work and being tied in for 5k.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Depends how much you really can’t find cash for your training ? Credit cards, loans, family, govt schemes?
Otherwise it’s probably better than going to a loan shark [emoji1655] so if it’s your only option, why not do it.

They are happy to provide a copy of the contract so I will have a read through it and look for some more red flags.

Great! Let us know what you find!