LGM?

Have anybody heard of LGM? I saw this on gumtree: gumtree.com/p/drivers-rider … 1186349462

When you click on “apply”, it takes you here: startyournewcareer.co.uk/train/h … iOnCyWVfM5

I filled out the form and I also I have given them a call. Basically, they offer online help for the theory test + practical training. But they also find you a job after you have your license. All sounds good, but it’s almost £4000 for this. I wouldn’t mind paying that money if I had a job once I get my license, but I’m not sure how competent and serious these people actually are.

Have anybody heard about them?

Thanks.

Benigno:
When you click on “apply”, it takes you here: startyournewcareer.co.uk/train/h … iOnCyWVfM5

We have over 60 training locations throughout the UK

Sounds like a broker to me = BEWARE

NEVER pay any money until you have gone to the school and seen the trucks etc

I agree it sounds like a broker.

Also is it definitely a job they find you or just an interview? I saw a couple when I was looking that was guaranteed job, subject to passing assessment! A very big difference.

As Rog says go see the trucks. If you can’t, walk away is my advice

Defo a broker - I put their address into a well known search engine and it comes back with 19 companies all using the same address. Could be a postal address or a single room inside an office, but if so would be interested to know where they keep said trucks.

companieshousedata.co.uk/a/2774135

Also anyone claiming they will get you a job is outright lying. No one can do that as they have no idea who’s applying, their skill set etc. Even people like Stobarts only offer the chance of an interview, not a guaranteed job.

I see. Thank you.

Do you know any other company that offer training + interviews after you get your license?

I just had a look a stobarts website and they only do C+E training (not C)…

DEFINITELY a broker mate. Don’t click the wrong part of their training page or you’ll end up being a beauty therapist instead of a lorry driver! :open_mouth:

Avoid!!!

Nobody gives you a guaranteed job, Stobart does offer an interview that’s yours to throw away and they do C & C+E but they won’t do C only.

Knights of Olde do an apprentice program, Downton might too (but I can’t find the link on their site any more). I don’t know any others beyond that.

As for getting interviews lined up after you’ve got your licence, it’s like any other qualification and job - get qualified then slog away on the web/phone/person until some company relents and gives you a start.