Applying for digicard

How do you apply for your digicard?, is it after you’ve passed your driving tests?

Thanks

richcfc1:
How do you apply for your digicard?, is it after you’ve passed your driving tests?

Thanks

You can do that now as on your current B licence you could be commercially driving a 3.5 tonne transit towing a 750 kg trailer which takes you over the 3500 limit for tacho exemption

ROG:

richcfc1:

Thanks

You can do that now as on your current B licence you could be commercially driving a 3.5 tonne transit towing a 750 kg trailer which takes you over the 3500 limit for tacho exemption

As much as I hate to be that guy, if he passed his licence recently (post 1997/9?) then he might have to have C1 to drive a a sprinter and trailer.

B: Cars, vans and miscellanea not exceeding 3500kg. Also a trailer not exceeding 750kg where the sum of trailer and vehicle doesn’t go over 3500kg.
B+E: As above but with a heavier trailer. So a small transit and biggish caravan may still weigh less than 3500kg.
C1: Vehicles weighing more than 3500kg but less than 7500kg. As with B, 750kg or less trailer. Total weight not over 7500kg (so an Iveco daily and generator maybe?)
C1+E: As above. Trailer over 750kg. Combination not weighing more than 12000kg (still 7500 if you are under 21 (this could be wrong). Old licence holders who’ve done no more tests are restricted to 8250kg.

Feel free to call me an idiot while I go get my sources.

EDIT: gov.uk/driving-licence-categories

B+E: The combination of vehicle and trailer can weigh more than 3500kg. So the minimum requirement to drive a sprinter with a trailer would be B+E.

B licence laws
Vehicle max 3500 kg GVW towing trailer no more than 750 kg MAM making a possible total MAM of 4250 kg which is into tacho regs if they apply

If the B licence holder is towing a trailer over 750 kg plated MAM then the 3500 kg total MAM law applies such as vehicle GVW 2000 with trailer plated at 1500

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … ins57p.pdf see pages 7 to 10

htmldude:

B+E: The combination of vehicle and trailer can weigh more than 3500kg. So the minimum requirement to drive a sprinter with a trailer would be B+E.

From your own link =
Cars

Category B

You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

ROG:

htmldude:

From your own link =
Cars

Category B

You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

Apologies. My memory was mistaken on the matter.

Sent off for mine before I had my medical (thought may as well get it sorted) just fill in form D777B send it off with your £38