Truck and trailer issues?

i know thes pics arent the best, but could i have some initial opinions on what licence needed to pull this set up ?

Pre 97 car licence or B+E after that assuming the van is no more than 3.5t GVW

No o-licence, assuming trailer is under 1020kg unladen but tachograph will be needed for towing so you will need a digicard.

Thx for that mate

Own Account Driver:

No o-licence, assuming trailer is under 1020kg unladen but tachograph will be needed for towing so you will need a digicard.

I think you will find that the small trailer exemption was removed some time ago (dec 2011), and as such you will defiantly need a o-license.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … eaflet.pdf

BOG standard really :laughing:
Nice set up there … used to pick up from a place next to Andy Loos, Chalcroft, Distribution Park, Southampton. they did the same thing.
Gotta say the set up you have with side rail is much.

Thx nick mate ive used it for 4 yrs to be honest o licence on weights checked (toilets must be empty) i hold a class 2 but a agency driver arrived for a few days and and kicked a load of stink up about the legality of it to the point where my own transport dept were unsure

paul.simpson.10420:
Thx nick mate ive used it for 4 yrs to be honest o licence on weights checked (toilets must be empty) i hold a class 2 but a agency driver arrived for a few days and and kicked a load of stink up about the legality of it to the point where my own transport dept were unsure

I should introduce him to this site mate, I’m sure his expertise would prove useful!
Bernard

Looking at the van I would say it’s the 65 ( model number on front wing) which is 6.5 tonne so tacho, operator licence and c1+e licence is required.
Just be careful of the 8250kg restriction on the pre 97 c1+e entitlement.

John

paul.simpson.10420:
i hold a class 2 but a agency driver arrived for a few days and and kicked a load of stink up

I bet them ■■■■ houses did before they got emptied or if they’re new they certainly will in the future! :grimacing:
We’ve got one in the warehouse where I worked for a while and we had to clear the building every time the fella came to empty it :blush:
Couldn’t go back in there for an hour afterwards without spewing up :smiley:

What a manky job, must have some cast iron guts in that job. Especially when people are ■■■■■■■■ on the floor etc

clark_rally:

Own Account Driver:

I think you will find that the small trailer exemption was removed some time ago (dec 2011), and as such you will defiantly need a o-license.

It’s not hire and reward though so still exempt.

I would anticipate the van is downplated to 3.5t there would probably still be enough payload as those loos don’t weigh much.

Own Account Driver:

clark_rally:

Own Account Driver:

It’s not hire and reward though so still exempt.

I would anticipate the van is downplated to 3.5t there would probably still be enough payload as those loos don’t weigh much.

How does this not come under hire and reward? Someone will be hiring the toilet, the company is paid to deliver them, they are not goods used by the driver in the course of his work. They are owned by the company delivering them so they are their own goods, but because they rented out and not for use by the company I thought it would be hire and reward? And if it’s not hire or reward, why does he need a tachograph? Genuine question, not an argument. :smiley:

Well it’s a restricted national o licence int it as they’re moving their own goods so not for hire or reward by moving other people’s goods.

3.5 tonne plus trailer less than 1020kg unladen used for business use other than by a haulier is exempt from any olicence .