Who'se been lent the Brain this week at the DVSA?

When are you going to wake up to the fact that ALL MOTs need to be rolled on? It’s no use giving ATFs 2 days a week and no allocations for September and then expecting to cope with the backlog, without rolling on the tests due in the final quarter of 2020 and the first quarter next year at the very least. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It will more than likely be necessary to roll on all expiries.

cav551:
When are you going to wake up to the fact that ALL MOTs need to be rolled on? It’s no use giving ATFs 2 days a week and no allocations for September and then expecting to cope with the backlog, without rolling on the tests due in the final quarter of 2020 and the first quarter next year at the very least. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It will more than likely be necessary to roll on all expiries.

My truck was due last month now September ,
The sister truck is in this week should have been March but the engine blew up

Sent from goodness knows where

I’ve spent the last three days trying to get my local dealer, which has an MoT testing lane and does all my inspections and tests, to agree dates for those vehicles which should now be tested. They insist that they will only do a test if the due month coincides with a 6-weekly inspection. Oh, and the MoT test lane is only open 3 days weekly. Finally got dates in August for 3 units. One trailer has been tested today, only because they had a spare booking, and as for the other trailers that were exempted I’ve so far got nowhere with them. It’s a complete shambles and it does beg the question why did they ever stop MoT testing? A complete over-reaction at the time and unnecessary.

My vehicle is a 19 plate and the MOT was due in May, still not got a date, as it can wait till September, my busiest month of the year, gonna be a ■■■■■.

One of mine was due in May, but got postponed to August, rung local ATF for a date, got a mid August date, but they also asked if I wanted it sooner as in this month. I declined thinking there would be a glut of people wanting tests this first month back of testing.

Our lot have restarted their testing programme with a vengeance. Although having dehired 48 trailers over the last month the pressure has been taken off a tad. One of the fitters mentioned that when testing units the tester no longer gets in the cab to test dash lights, seat belts etc.

Had to organise a test in May due to mine being out of test and being off the road,had a drive in test,showed the examiner the seat belts,read the mileage off for him and told him non of the warning lights were showing on the dash.

Wasn’t particularly hard work and the pass was emailed to me before I got home.