Trailer mot etc

Hi everyone. Just a thought on mots’ on trailers questions.
iv been told that all mots at going through electronically but in still under the impression that mot disks should be updated for the drivers reference to make sure the trailer is legal.
i reckon when trailers get mot done that yes its put through computer and then mot tester applys the disk to trailer before trailer is realised from test station. Do i stand correct on what im thinking. Any feed back would be great thanks

We’d look well with drivers checking the legality of trailers, as the reverse light thred shows there’s many on here that don’t know whats part of the test in the first place!

Moose:
We’d look well with drivers checking the legality of trailers, as the reverse light thred shows there’s many on here that don’t know whats part of the test in the first place!

well surely they are check mot disc to find out if its overall legal to run with rather than click n go

Could we add tax to this? I checked a tax disc the other day only to find it was 10 days out of date. It took me half an hour, and I had to go through 3 people before it was confirmed that the truck was indeed untaxed by looking on the DVLA website. Who pays the fine if stopped I wonder?

So what happens when tax discs no longer need to be displayed? Will a list be pinned onto the notice board?

I thought that only applied to cars and bikes as usually they are registered keepers and get email confirmation like when your insurance is due.
but on commercial vehicles it would stay the same. Too many cowboys out there wid send you out in a vehicles regardless of is it had road tax.

When I worked out of boots in beeston a lot of their trailers had no visible date on the mot cert on the trailers. We had to ring the office and give them the trailer number and they’d give you the date of expiry over th phone and I’d write it on the daily check sheet.