Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

OldishJoda:

TIR Original:
Hi to all interested in the past and present " Bedfordshire Hauliers forum". Back in the 60’s and70’s I used to meet an owner driver who ran a regular service to Italy. His name was Don Caisley and he was very experienced in all aspects of the job. I always looked up to him as he had achieved all the things that I wanted and aimed for as a younger driver. We always got on well and he always offered good advice so I found it disappointing when he decided to sell up and go to Australia. All of this was triggered by us joining the E.U. which he reckoned was a bad thing and boy was he right!!! However I have’nt seen his name mentioned at all on this site and just wondered why ? Regards, TIR Original.

Nobby see page 4 of this … Hope you are well and healthy, stay safe my friend… Happy New Year… regards Andy

Hi Andy, sorry I missed Don’s mention on page 4 so I stand corrected. Hope you are keeping well and a Happy New Year to you too. As for my health well bits keep dropping off but as long as I pick them up again I manage to stay alive. Mind you my social life revolves around my doctors surgery and a few of the local hospitals. Don’t get on here much just haven’t got the time or interest. I will however p.m you later sometime. Kind regards, Nobby.