Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

SHUNT1986:
Hello all,
I’ve a new pic to up load however it rotates when i upload it… picture is round the correct way on my PC though.
Could someone advise how to rotate once the file is up loaded please?

Thanks,

Stu

Stu, Just stick it on someone will sort it out for you.

Thanks Dean, (for the Mack) and advice…
Pic below:

20211210_141854.jpg

A few more from my ill fated (very short stay) @ D&G Noble… without going into too much detail i’ll just say I let myself down on this one!.
Live & Learn everyday, and stay away from roads in greater London with 7ft width restrictions!!.. :frowning:

WP_20170228_09_01_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20170127_08_49_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20170309_08_07_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20170302_14_01_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20170227_09_16_11_Pro.jpg

SHUNT1986:
Thanks Dean, (for the Mack) and advice…
Pic below:

Pic.

Found this on the internet and couldn’t believe it tbh, very small laundry around half a mile from where I live in Bromham so was amazed there’s a photo of their van. Nmp

Sandy Carnival.
Oily

Kempston:
Found this on the internet and couldn’t believe it tbh, very small laundry around half a mile from where I live in Bromham so was amazed there’s a photo of their van. Nmp

That looks like a 1962 / 63 / 64 model that was serviced by Nicholls & Sons… St Mary’s Square… Bedford.
I was an apprentice there… and we used to service and repair Swan Laundry vehicles.
Regards
Andy

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

That looks like a 1962 / 63 / 64 model that was serviced by Nicholls & Sons… St Mary’s Square… Bedford.
I was an apprentice there… and we used to service and repair Swan Laundry vehicles.
Regards
Andy

Interesting stuff Andy.

A couple of photos of Odell transport, still going as far as I know but only a small concern. Nmp

D9CB7B29-811D-43D1-A7D7-4116808EABF7.jpeg

Credit to eastleighbusman for the photo.
Oily

Cheers for the input Oily!, (Opening up old wounds for me :blush: )
They have a very photogenic fleet though!.

Hi to all interested in the past and present " Bedfordshire Hauliers forum". Back in the 60’s and70’s I used to meet an owner driver who ran a regular service to Italy. His name was Don Caisley and he was very experienced in all aspects of the job. I always looked up to him as he had achieved all the things that I wanted and aimed for as a younger driver. We always got on well and he always offered good advice so I found it disappointing when he decided to sell up and go to Australia. All of this was triggered by us joining the E.U. which he reckoned was a bad thing and boy was he right!!! However I have’nt seen his name mentioned at all on this site and just wondered why ? Regards, TIR Original.

TIR Original:
Hi to all interested in the past and present " Bedfordshire Hauliers forum". Back in the 60’s and70’s I used to meet an owner driver who ran a regular service to Italy. His name was Don Caisley and he was very experienced in all aspects of the job. I always looked up to him as he had achieved all the things that I wanted and aimed for as a younger driver. We always got on well and he always offered good advice so I found it disappointing when he decided to sell up and go to Australia. All of this was triggered by us joining the E.U. which he reckoned was a bad thing and boy was he right!!! However I have’nt seen his name mentioned at all on this site and just wondered why ? Regards, TIR Original.

Nobby see page 4 of this … Hope you are well and healthy, stay safe my friend… Happy New Year… regards Andy

William Simmons Foden from Leighton Buzzard. 1969.

william simmons bed 1969.PNG

OldishJoda:

TIR Original:

Nobby see page 4 of this … Hope you are well and healthy, stay safe my friend… Happy New Year… regards Andy

Hi Andy, sorry I missed Don’s mention on page 4 so I stand corrected. Hope you are keeping well and a Happy New Year to you too. As for my health well bits keep dropping off but as long as I pick them up again I manage to stay alive. Mind you my social life revolves around my doctors surgery and a few of the local hospitals. Don’t get on here much just haven’t got the time or interest. I will however p.m you later sometime. Kind regards, Nobby.

One of E.Hull’s of Bedford just leaving W.H.Allen’s for Manchester.

One of Allen’s ■■■■■■ service vans on site somewhere unknown, not a very good photo I’m afraid.

Few old wreckers from the Bedford area, nmp

78A59FFC-A6EE-4EE8-B36B-0DBE4D24D2A0.jpeg

0A5F4FA3-F444-4C02-844C-422FA7171792.jpeg

NMP off FB

Nice one coomsey, safe to say there’s going to be some straw blowing off along the road! :laughing:

coomsey:
NMP off FB

These ran out of Chimney Corner if I remember rightly !