Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Nice input today chaps, thank you kindly…
I don’t think we will ever surpass Oily’s past present & in between thread… only another 780 pages to go :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

Every little helps SHUNT1986 :slight_smile: , credit to Polyrus for the photo.
Oily

Thank’s Oily!, :smiley: like Tesco every little does help!
There was a local builder that had one of those Commer’s in the village i grew up in. It was yellow i believe and really battered… no where near as nice as that pic!

SHUNT1986:
Thank’s Oily!, :smiley: like Tesco every little does help!
There was a local builder that had one of those Commer’s in the village i grew up in. It was yellow i believe and really battered… no where near as nice as that pic!

My car delivery job took me to Luton quite a lot, 2 trips a night in 1968. Cowley, Thame, Aylesbury, Aston Clinton then the B489 to Dunstable and Luton tipping at Leagrave rail station where there was a car pound then to Slipend where there was a large Vauxhall Bedford pick up yard, down the hill to Markyate, A5 back to Dunstable, B489, A41, A418, A40 and home. Happy days yes.
Oily

Old V8 Merc of my dads outside Bardon agg in Greenwich…
Good Motor for a Merc, it pulled like a train especially the more you you added!!
Lovely snap - NMP

Just been to a pumpkin event (a big earner judging by the size of the event and number of people there) in Moggerhanger just off the A603 between Bedford and Sandy, the event was at Andersons farm which is also the home of Anderson Transport which I assume is one of the same. Nmp

241842C6-2045-4ED2-B605-BCC4684913CA.jpeg

2016 on the M6 at Keele Services.
Oily

Must have been on before but still a cracking picture

coomsey:

Yes it has been posted before Coomsey but as you said a cracking photo and one I never get tired of seeing, much much better days then and one of the best jobs around Bedfordshire. Long before Hanson got there mucky mits on it!

Mill Transport Volvo from Bedford.

P8070141p.JPG

Good morning all, Thanks for the recent inputs Kempston & DeanB!
Kempston, my missus took our son to the Andersons pumpkin event too, she said really well organised and a great couple of hours out!
One for today, my mates new motor freshly wrapped - from Wilstead (Bedford)

coomsey:

I wander if they lined them up according to marque on ordinary workdays. Bet they didn’t!

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

I wander if they lined them up according to marque on ordinary workdays. Bet they didn’t!

Would be nice to think so Robert, bet it took a good while to line them up, the more so if they didn’t get the drivers to park them where they wanted them the night before. Impressive though, cheers coomsey

DEANB:
Mill Transport Volvo from Bedford.

Thanks for posting this Dean, Mill Transport only ran a few motors and used to park them in what was in its day the old wood yard in kempston which is also where my father in law J.Stewart parked his 2 lorries, both eight wheeler tippers, one painted up in his colours the other painted in Mixconcrete livery.

coomsey:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

Would be nice to think so Robert, bet it took a good while to line them up, the more so if they didn’t get the drivers to park them where they wanted them the night before. Impressive though, cheers coomsey

Funnily enough they did, I wouldn’t say they were ■■■■ about it but where possible they did as these other photos show. Nmp.

6D1ABC1B-FF82-4664-B914-ACF3592D7CBC.jpeg

Funnily enough they did, I wouldn’t say they were ■■■■ about it but where possible they did as these other photos show. Nmp.
That’s marvelous Kempston, could be a bit confusing on a dark morning though. If the boss had told me to park up by marque, I’d have been looking for summat painted on the tarmac, but then I’m as thick as a puddin :unamused:

Photo courtesy of Buzzer.

Bradshaws haulage from Barton Le Clay although I think they now have a yard in Haynes. Nmp

007327D4-E6C9-46F0-A985-3D833F874179.jpeg

Hello all,
I’ve a new pic to up load however it rotates when i upload it… picture is round the correct way on my PC though.
Could someone advise how to rotate once the file is up loaded please?

Thanks,

Stu

H.G.Brown Mack 1979.