Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

At stewartby they used these or a more modern version in the end, they had 2 trains a day out of London,

88A567EC-E213-47EB-B734-782ADE80186B.jpeg

Kempston:
A few of Harvey’s from Sandy, they did pack up and their yard was sold off and built on but I believe they started up again under a slightly different name.

Keith Harvey retired and folded the business in April 2001, and indeed there are now houses there. His brother and nephew had a couple of the motors and started as R+D Harvey. After a while WS Merrill from Gransden also finished and RandD took on some of their work and drivers and also joined a pallet network. Also had a bit of warehousing work. After a few years this all finished, think there is just one plain white unit now with a liveried trailer driven by Doug Harvey.

Steevo:

Kempston:
A few of Harvey’s from Sandy, they did pack up and their yard was sold off and built on but I believe they started up again under a slightly different name.

Keith Harvey retired and folded the business in April 2001, and indeed there are now houses there. His brother and nephew had a couple of the motors and started as R+D Harvey. After a while WS Merrill from Gransden also finished and RandD took on some of their work and drivers and also joined a pallet network. Also had a bit of warehousing work. After a few years this all finished, think there is just one plain white unit now with a liveried trailer driven by Doug Harvey.

Thanks for the info Steevo, I see Maritime have set up a yard now just off the Sandy roundabout on the A1.

Vauxhall Bedford TM.

Don’t know anything whatsoever about this firm I’m afraid. Nmp.

7B683AB6-9D8E-4533-A5F5-55001A8AD1DC.jpeg

Couple more here Rich, must admit I had never heard of them until your post, from Flitwick I believe?

Yeh, from Flitwick.
A nice bunch of lads to work for/with.
I drive the 18t in the left of the pic.

Rich T:
Yeh, from Flitwick.
A nice bunch of lads to work for/with.
I drive the 18t in the left of the pic.

Nice one Rich, sounds like a good job!

.sorry wrong site

A few photos of Acorn Transport from Colesden just off the black cat roundabout on the A1.

NMP

FB_IMG_1632988234762.jpg

Hi, not been on for a while… a bit of grey scale today for my old Scania

One from approx 20 years ago… Gatport Airwick waste transfer station I believe… I was once just a young’un with a terrible camera in poor morning light

A little tribute to Dad… retired last week after 43 years on the road.
First trip out in 2012 for the mighty 750 Volvo!

Photo0011.jpg

From Buzzers collection, I’d forgotten all about this company until the photo appeared so thanks Buzzer.

7E4BB243-87F3-4B93-885D-F714BFBDC4F9.jpeg

nmp

ERF-NGC-European:
nmp

Great photo, that Volvo would have been the business back then.

Photo kindly uploaded by Buzzer.

B43276FB-24A6-45E5-8E73-A48C282238EC.jpeg