Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Kempston:
Few old wreckers from the Bedford area, nmp

That Leyland Martian of Buckdale’s looks good. Who ever did the cab conversion made a fantastic job of it. Any more pics of it
Kempston ?

Heres a normal cabbed Martian.

Few more here Dean. Nmp

49596D0C-0655-480D-BD40-A58DB6A82687.jpeg

Another one of Buckdales wreckers, not a brilliant photo but thought it was worth posting as it’s an unusual set up.

FDB9D49A-9ACE-40B4-A427-D14FC85B676F.jpeg

Kempston:
Few more here Dean. Nmp

Cracking pics Dave,thats a real good looking motor. Mind you would not want to run it as they had a big old petrol engine ! :laughing: :wink:

Couple more of Buckdales here for Dean plus another photo of something you might like. :wink:

0CF0A595-C660-41E9-BE64-421817172CFC.jpeg

34A8946C-2AAA-484F-851E-681E26C8EF4E.jpeg

Kempston:
Couple more of Buckdales here for Dean plus another photo of something you might like. :wink:

Lovely F12 Dave and even better F88 ! :smiley: The British Army bought F88 wreckers. :wink:

1976 volvo armyppg.PNG

DEANB:

Kempston:

Lovely F12 Dave and even better F88 ! :smiley: The British Army bought F88 wreckers. :wink:

Must admit I’ve never seen any of these, seen plenty of scammels though.

Clive Breed of shefford.

Nice effort Kempston!, my hometown…

A couple here of my mates new Scania, just started up solo after 30+years of working for other folk!.
All the best mate, pics courtesy of Mr. Ashwell

SHUNT1986:

Thanks shunt, do you remember them? Can’t say I do but the name rings a bell. Your mates Scania looks tidy, is he local?

Pentus Brown Foden’s.

foden pentus brown 72a p beds.PNG

DEANB:
Pentus Brown Foden’s.

Tidy looking motors Dean.

Kempston:

SHUNT1986:

Thanks shunt, do you remember them? Can’t say I do but the name rings a bell. Your mates Scania looks tidy, is he local?

Good morning, I don’t remember them, probably before my time… Although I do recall as a child Shefford was a very busy place as it was the through route for the A507 before the bypass was completed around 90-91". Always plenty of trucks rumbling through.

my mate is local, a couple of villages over @ Shillington, I’m quite jealous of his new venture but honestly wish him all the success that he deserves, no mean feat to go it alone especially these days with spiraling costs!

SHUNT1986:

Kempston:

SHUNT1986:

Good morning, I don’t remember them, probably before my time… Although I do recall as a child Shefford was a very busy place as it was the through route for the A507 before the bypass was completed around 90-91". Always plenty of trucks rumbling through.

my mate is local, a couple of villages over @ Shillington, I’m quite jealous of his new venture but honestly wish him all the success that he deserves, no mean feat to go it alone especially these days with spiraling costs!

Totally agree shunt, would worry me to death as things are now.

Kempston:
“DEANB” Pentus Brown Foden’s.

Yes i bet they did look nice. :wink:

European Plant Haulage Volvo F89 from 1977.

hh plant haulage beds 1977 p plant.PNG

DEANB:

Kempston:
“DEANB” Pentus Brown Foden’s.

Yes i bet they did look nice. :wink:

European Plant Haulage Volvo F89 from 1977.

Never really understood why they folded tbh Dean, whether they were undercharging to get the work I have no idea but they always seemed busy.

F48F4163-02C9-48D8-A044-821B87B6F630.jpeg

Where they actually Bedford based Kempston? or were they out Maulden/Ampthill sort of way?
there was another thread on here with lots of pics i seem to recall…

SHUNT1986:
Where they actually Bedford based Kempston? or were they out Maulden/Ampthill sort of way?
there was another thread on here with lots of pics i seem to recall…

Planthauls yard was on elms farm industrial estate shunt.

Here’s a photo of their yard, to the left is the old 3M distribution centre and immediately behind they are building what was Charles Kings garage and lorry sales.

D16AD640-C7A8-4A09-A2A7-AB5ED5BDC121.png

Just had this smart looking Scania turn up opposite my house delivering roofing products to the two new bungalows under construction.

BF17B80E-1703-4805-B586-DC00D40B7F17.jpeg

371FF257-2933-47E2-8A23-923D0D457925.jpeg