New tacho rules in Europe

As of the 2nd Febuary when travelling across Europe you will need to change your start country as you enter a new country during your shift. Come of the boat in Calais heading for Germany then when you leave France either at the border or the earliest chance you must stop and change you start country to Belgium. the e-mail I recieved says that there is no need to change the end country just the start one, if you have the latest Tacho head that is linked to the GPS system then I believe it is done automatically for you

Thanks Mazzer but what a PIA :imp:

Hurryup&wait:
Thanks Mazzer but what a PIA :imp:

Aye ok if you’re coming off the boat in Calais and heading south not so clever if heading for Germany, tbh if coming to Calais from Belgium I wouldn’t make the change until I got to Calais not the smartest of moves stopping in the corridor

Didn’t go out this week but been using the corridor a lot for the last year. As I distrust the Belgian coppers I don’t think I’d go too far in before changing over. That crappy lay by where you can pick up the toll box will be messy.

Go close to Jabbeke and I’m sure they’ll do you if you get stopped.

Coming the other way, if everyone stops and changes over when they enter the chicane for the police check I imagine the backlog will build quickly.

Better your suggestion and just go to Pidou…ahem… the port :wink:

All will be revealed next trip but I’m sure there will be plenty of reports forthcoming from this weeks travelers.

Mazzer2:
As of the 2nd Febuary when travelling across Europe you will need to change your start country as you enter a new country during your shift. Come of the boat in Calais heading for Germany then when you leave France either at the border or the earliest chance you must stop and change you start country to Belgium. the e-mail I recieved says that there is no need to change the end country just the start one, if you have the latest Tacho head that is linked to the GPS system then I believe it is done automatically for you

As far as I am correctly informed those tachos who can do that automaticaly are not yet available, earliest in 2023.
I have a new truck (6months) with a new VDO tacho and I checked end of january, but I have to add manually.

And if this website is correct, the first fines are already there

forotransporteprofesional.e … -a-espana/

bald:

Mazzer2:

As far as I am correctly informed those tachos who can do that automaticaly are not yet available, earliest in 2023.
I have a new truck (6months) with a new VDO tacho and I checked end of january, but I have to add manually.

Interesting about the new style tachos my mate drives a year old Scania witha Stoneridge head and he says that when he finishes in a country different to his start one when he goes to manually enter the end country it is already on display

Be careful on the E40 corridor off Calais ferry/tunnel, trucks were just stopping yesterday on the hardshoulder & lane 1 at Belgium border to change tacho as that little aire is tiny & full.

iguana:
Be careful on the E40 corridor off Calais ferry/tunnel, trucks were just stopping yesterday on the hardshoulder & lane 1 at Belgium border to change tacho as that little aire is tiny & full.

It does state that it can be changed at the first suitable point and not necessarily at the border but our defination of suitable point and the police’s may not be the same. Coming out of Austria into Germany at Bregenz on Monday the Polizei were sat at the border watching everyone pull in stop to change the country then head off be interesting to know if anyone who went straght through was pulled at the rest area a few km up the road.

Mazzer2:

bald:

Mazzer2:

Interesting about the new style tachos my mate drives a year old Scania witha Stoneridge head and he says that when he finishes in a country different to his start one when he goes to manually enter the end country it is already on display

Mine does this as wel, it even changes local time on the heads display if I enter the UK or Portugal from the EU or vice versa, but it takes some time, mostly between 30 to 45 minutes.
What it does not do, is registering it, so it appears not on the printout, I still have to stop and enter and confirm the new country.

bald:

Mazzer2:

bald:

Mazzer2:

Mine does this as wel, it even changes local time on the heads display if I enter the UK or Portugal from the EU or vice versa, but it takes some time, mostly between 30 to 45 minutes.
What it does not do, is registering it, so it appears not on the printout, I still have to stop and enter and confirm the new country.

Fair one TBH the whole thing is bit of a pain in the arse.

Mazzer2:

It sure is.
I entered Denmark last week in Rodby and was going to take my break in the port, so once off the ferry and parked, I had to enter, begin country Denmark and straight after, end country Denmark… :confused:
Confused ? You will be even more, after the next update of EU legislation … :laughing: :unamused:

bald:

Mazzer2:

It sure is.
I entered Denmark last week in Rodby and was going to take my break in the port, so once off the ferry and parked, I had to enter, begin country Denmark and straight after, end country Denmark… :confused:
Confused ? You will be even more, after the next update of EU legislation … :laughing: :unamused:

Lol had a similar thing parked on the Austrian/German border above Bregenz last night so finish country Austria start country today Austria drive 100m start country Germany. Someone somewhere must be doing their best to justify their job

Of all the rules they came up with over the years, this one must be the most stupid one by far!

On some border crossings there are no parking facilities anymore, so what a lot of drivers from certain parts of Europe do now, is come to a grinding halt on the hard shoulder, change the tacho code, and pull off again without actually looking in their mirrors to see if there’s any traffic coming… a disaster waiting to happen…?

So instead of looking into those firms that haven’t respected the cabotage rules (as I’m sure they very well know who these firms are), we all have to oblige to this absurd new rule, and we have to deal with some shady Police enforcement troops out there that will fine you a ridiculous amount of money (Belgium comes to mind) if you haven’t been a good boy or girl.

What does it take for our “fearless” leaders in the EU top to realise that this isn’t the solution to a problem they’ve created in the first place…?

At irun the other day- ridiculous situation. Who thought this crap? Up. Even the Repsol up the road was heaving.

I’m just sat at the BE/NL border watching the constant line of truck flying in and back out again. I’m talking 100’s in an hour not 10’s. Despite the numerous near misses in the rest area, the near constant line of trucks rejoining the motorway is not going to be long before it goes spectacularly wrong.
Obviously they didn’t have their green hat on when they dreamt this one up either as hundreds of trucks an hour stopping then getting up to motorway speed again all in the same place is hardly going to help the eco drive even if they all ■■■■ strawberries out of their exhaust.
I’m sure someone far more qualified than me would be able to put a carbon amount on it?