France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

Hurryup&wait:

Franglais:
I know you speak French better than me, but does that apply to commercial goods traffic? Looks more like a declaration to present to a passenger carrying service?

I believe it applies to every traveller to or from France.

You sign the declaration that your journey is valid under the new rules and tick goods carrier. uk.ambafrance.org/IMG/pdf/attes … 25070371df

This is my understanding at any rate.

We are also carrying copies of a french document signed by the boss that we are out of home for the purpose of necessary work.

Heard of one driver who was going for a stroll outside the harbour in Cherbourg on Friday evening and the police asked him for some one of those documents which he didn’t have. The left him off in the end but explained next time was a €140 fine.

The map above is good but green dots almost non existent. Mind you the services on the A13 just at Caen had showers and toilets available and coffee croissants/sandwiches available from the counter for takeaway.
You could also stroll around the shop and pick up what you wanted.

All the other services I saw were as already said order through the petrol night hatch only and there was vending machines in the accessible lobby area.

Yep driving was a pleasure even in inner Paris but evenings san Les Routiers was a bit depressing to be honest.

The loss of the Routiers Restos is a pain.
And having to beware of speed cameras on the A86 is a novelty!
It’s possible to go back onto the N roads and still make good time, with no traffic, or would be if it weren’t for the weight limits.
Strange days.