Paris Shootings tonight

Hi all,
I suppose that you have been looking at the news tonight, about what is going on in the city this evening. It has just come on the news, Francois Holland has stated that it is now a state of emergency within France and he has closed all borders into France, so be aware that you may have a few delays trying to get into or out of the country.
Stay safe

The tunnel is still open and Brittany Ferries are running a normal service.

From news reports the boarders are not closed just reenforced with extra personnel .

CLOSED

Meaning that there will be a higher presence of security forces, ie CRS and army personnel checking all those entering the country at all ports, airports and road border crossings
Instead of the usual easy flow of people entering the country at all border points.

I’ve been stopped twice this evening, first when I entered from Italy and again as I came into Lyon. A VERY large police presence in Lyon.

After hearing this evening that 3 of the terrorists were from Belgium, I can imagine that all ports of entry from Belgium, including the corridor, will have security greatly increased.

bang goes the trip money this side of xmas then… :cry:

Back in the nineties, when ETA were targeting holiday resorts in Spain, it was normal to see a road block with armoured personnel carriers, tanks, dog units, and dozens of police and soldiers armed with automatic weapons.
Stingers at the road side and they wore baraclacas, these checks were in random places, in the middle of nowhere, and late at night.
Light vehicles were thoroughly searched but trucks were waved on.