France into lockdown again

For those of you that cross the Channel,

France is back into lockdown as of midnight tonight.

I’ve posted more on the Euro forum, if you neeed any info

Look after yourselves everybody :exclamation:

Good on the French. They don’t dither like the UK lot. :wink:

jakethesnake:
Good on the French. They don’t dither like the UK lot. :wink:

I wouldn’t worry about that, NO one likes you.

Looks like " LOCK DOWN " is coming your way, going by news reports in the media.

As I’ve already said:

LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES AND STAY SAFE

You know times are weird when multiple terror attacks are second page news compared to corona lockdowns.

W.H.O. : Lockdowns cause more harm than good, don’t do it!
France: Let’s lock down
Germany: Me too!
UK: Hey don’t leave me behind, guys
Other EU counties: Hey look, the big ones are locking down, how come we’re not!

Although if we still believe WHO is evil and corrupt as we did at the start of the pandemic then locking down would be the right way :grimacing: :grimacing:

Didn’t the WHO also say “test tests test” at some point?

Seems we took no notice of that either :wink:

The mere fact we’re looking at a month of widespread restrictions falls squarely on the incompetent government who were advised weeks ago that a two week one would be enough. Now the dither and delay means we’re looking at twice as long at least.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure its not been easy and its unprecedented, but the science they’ve apparently been “guided” by said a few weeks back was the time

ETS:
You know times are weird when multiple terror attacks are second page news compared to corona lockdowns.

W.H.O. : Lockdowns cause more harm than good, don’t do it!
France: Let’s lock down
Germany: Me too!
UK: Hey don’t leave me behind, guys
Other EU counties: Hey look, the big ones are locking down, how come we’re not!

Although if we still believe WHO is evil and corrupt as we did at the start of the pandemic then locking down would be the right way :grimacing: :grimacing:

Where is this from?
If it`s WHO rep Nabarro on the Andrew Neil show, as later edited by Anna Brees…

.Nabarro was asked later if that clip accurately reflected the entire 20min interview with Andrew Neil: "He responded, by email: “My comments were taken totally out of context. The WHO position is consistent.”
That context Nabarro mentioned covered a range of topics, such as the estimate that about 90% of the world’s population is still vulnerable to COVID-19, that lockdowns are only an effective pandemic response in extreme circumstances and what Nabarro means when he talks about finding the “middle path.”
That piece is here;
khn.org/news/fact-check-world-h … was-right/
with links to the full original interview, and to the “middle path” way of dealing with the virus.
Feel free to check on what was actually said, and then decide if that video is or isnt a misrepresentation. There is a balance to be struck between total lockdown and totally ignoring the virus. Both extremes will cause harm. Misrepresenting the WHOs point of view doesn`t help.

According to some journalists involved with politics one particular graph of a grossly understated reasonable worst case scenario went way below what different groups of experts said.

Bodes well for the “reasonable worst case scenario” they’ve planned for with Brexit :open_mouth:

Franglais:
There is a balance to be struck between total lockdown and totally ignoring the virus. Both extremes will cause harm. Misrepresenting the WHOs point of view doesnt help.

Yeah close enough

youtu.be/E5boD7YjXOE?t=1389

I can’t remember the original video (I think it was a woman who was in it) where they said total lockdowns cause long term poverty and poverty is going to have worse effects than covid or something along those lines.

ETS:

Franglais:
There is a balance to be struck between total lockdown and totally ignoring the virus. Both extremes will cause harm. Misrepresenting the WHOs point of view doesnt help.

Yeah close enough

youtu.be/E5boD7YjXOE?t=1389

I can’t remember the original video (I think it was a woman who was in it) where they said total lockdowns cause long term poverty and poverty is going to have worse effects than covid or something along those lines.

Maybe this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=nOfJv6tpiMA
If you watch the entire interview on Andrew Neil, and compare it with the edited version? Well, you get the idea easy enough.

Franglais:
Maybe this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=nOfJv6tpiMA
If you watch the entire interview on Andrew Neil, and compare it with the edited version? Well, you get the idea easy enough.

Not sure but yes, he is saying that. Either way, national lockdown is a fact from next Thursday so this is all now irrelevant. We’re now ruled by computer models, powerpoint presentations, colorful graphs and maps and scary computer-generated curves.

Glad it’s only starting on Thursday, I’m on the ferry tomorrow morming for a few days in the UK, delivering and loading.
Good to know that I’ll be able to find somewhere to eat whilst I’m there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Currently on the Normandie shipping back to France.
Very very quiet
Bring your own wine - the bar is closed !

OwenMoney:
Currently on the Normandie shipping back to France.
Very very quiet
Bring your own wine - the bar is closed !

Rumor has it OM, that the self’s are going to be closing too :cry: :cry:
I’ve asked several personnel about this since Sunday, be it at the booking offices in Ports or Ouistr
or on board the ships, nobody will confirm this :frowning:

How was your crossing ? Was on the Normandie Sunday morning and it was getting choppy then.?

How was your crossing ? Was on the Normanie Sunday morning and it was getting choppy then.?
[/quote]
A tadge bouncy for the first couple of hours but then ok.

Not a crossing to eat the chicken tikka masala on though.