France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

Franglais:
Some services are doing it differently: at one the toilets and two coffee machines are open, the shop area was separated by tapes. You can ask the staff for whatever, and they (wearing gloves) pass your goods to you, then you go outside to pay at the night hatch. Worked OK.

You could grab a coffee at the machines and showers were free as Pierrot said, but the bloke at the night hatch propably did not like my face ( he is not the first, nor will he be the last :laughing: ) as he refused to pick up a baguette from the shop.

bald:

Franglais:
Some services are doing it differently: at one the toilets and two coffee machines are open, the shop area was separated by tapes. You can ask the staff for whatever, and they (wearing gloves) pass your goods to you, then you go outside to pay at the night hatch. Worked OK.

You could grab a coffee at the machines and showers were free as Pierrot said, but the bloke at the night hatch propably did not like my face ( he is not the first, nor will he be the last [emoji38] ) as he refused to pick up a baguette from the shop.

I’m probably worse looking than you then, they’ll do anything to get rid of me ASAP!

There seems to be a wide difference in services. I wonder how much is down to “head office” rules and how much to local managers?

According to the trm24 website truck drivers in France are supposed to be on strike today as a protest against the closing of restaurants, parking areas and services.
And Waberers apparently are pulling all their trucks back to Hungary . Parking them up and putting drivers on unpaid holiday.

OwenMoney:
According to the trm24 website truck drivers in France are supposed to be on strike today as a protest against the closing of restaurants, parking areas and services.
And Waberers apparently are pulling all their trucks back to Hungary . Parking them up and putting drivers on unpaid holiday.

Roads seem quieter than last week, but still fuel tankers, general, fridges, and livestock on move.
No signs of burning tyres or crowds of angry pickets!

Not a surprise - Not a time for a silly strike - Just the three main unions making a point about the lack of facilities etc.

I am sitting in the sunshine with a glass showing my support by not working today…

Not sure if I’ve already posted this but here’s an up-to-date Bison Fute map of whats open :-
not sure if it’s showing all open routiers, as they rely on info given by drivers

umap.openstreetmap.fr/fr/map/ca … .606/3.450

Blue dots parking areas open
Green dots Routiers serving takaways
Red dots parking areas that are closed
Orange dots Centre Routiers, no mention if closed or open

Click on the dot to show what is available

Check on Truckfly too, as some owners have posted if they are serving takaway meals

Shipped out today & nr Dijon now, down to nr Marseille tomorrow, no probs so far, totally non essential goods so tad nervous, knew restaurants closed so lots of grub, but dopy twonk here got the stove but forgot his kettle, doh! Hopefully can bag one on route.

Good luck with the kettle hunt…my mate left his stove on the catwalk a few years ago and our other truck that was following flattened it, he eventually picked one up and once the 2nd mortgage was in place he acquired it…[emoji23][emoji23]
I’d suggest an intermarche or similar if any are open and grab a small saucepan[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m glad to see they’ve opened up the aires with some of their usual services.
I was heading for Swiss last week, from Zeeby. At the Luneville end of the N59 is the parking and toilets aire de (not too sure but something about Pierre and jetty). It has open air urinals which weren’t taped off, but the 1 seater toilet building was locked with a notice about covid-19 on the door. Thank goodness I only wanted a pee.
How hygienic would it have been otherwise? :open_mouth:

Moonraker:
Brittany Ferries are still operating between Portsmouth & Caen and we have 4 bookings with them this week with one vehicle and crew in France at the moment. Apparently freight is still permitted but if they decide to implement restrictions on non-essential goods, what constitutes essential will be anyone’s guess. Until we’re advised otherwise, we will just keep going.

Removal work is banned in France ’ till further notice ’ . Reported in the Connection newspaper today 03 04 2020

Certificate for international travel France - UK, since 06 04 2020
Available in English and French uk.ambafrance.org/Coronavirus-C … -la-France

I know you speak French better than me, but does that apply to commercial goods traffic? Looks more like a declaration to present to a passenger carrying service?

Franglais:
I know you speak French better than me, but does that apply to commercial goods traffic? Looks more like a declaration to present to a passenger carrying service?

I believe it applies to every traveller to or from France.

You sign the declaration that your journey is valid under the new rules and tick goods carrier. uk.ambafrance.org/IMG/pdf/attes … 25070371df

This is my understanding at any rate.

We are also carrying copies of a french document signed by the boss that we are out of home for the purpose of necessary work.

Heard of one driver who was going for a stroll outside the harbour in Cherbourg on Friday evening and the police asked him for some one of those documents which he didn’t have. The left him off in the end but explained next time was a €140 fine.

The map above is good but green dots almost non existent. Mind you the services on the A13 just at Caen had showers and toilets available and coffee croissants/sandwiches available from the counter for takeaway.
You could also stroll around the shop and pick up what you wanted.

All the other services I saw were as already said order through the petrol night hatch only and there was vending machines in the accessible lobby area.

Yep driving was a pleasure even in inner Paris but evenings san Les Routiers was a bit depressing to be honest.

Hurryup&wait:

Franglais:

I believe it applies to every traveller to or from France.

You sign the declaration that your journey is valid under the new rules and tick goods carrier. uk.ambafrance.org/IMG/pdf/attes … 25070371df

This is my understanding at any rate.

We are also carrying copies of a french document signed by the boss that we are out of home for the purpose of necessary work.

Heard of one driver who was going for a stroll outside the harbour in Cherbourg on Friday evening and the police asked him for some one of those documents which he didn’t have. The left him off in the end but explained next time was a €140 fine.

The map above is good but green dots almost non existent. Mind you the services on the A13 just at Caen had showers and toilets available and coffee croissants/sandwiches available from the counter for takeaway.
You could also stroll around the shop and pick up what you wanted.

All the other services I saw were as already said order through the petrol night hatch only and there was vending machines in the accessible lobby area.

Yep driving was a pleasure even in inner Paris but evenings san Les Routiers was a bit depressing to be honest.

The loss of the Routiers Restos is a pain.
And having to beware of speed cameras on the A86 is a novelty!
It’s possible to go back onto the N roads and still make good time, with no traffic, or would be if it weren’t for the weight limits.
Strange days.

Franglais:

Hurryup&wait:

The loss of the Routiers Restos is a pain.
And having to beware of speed cameras on the A86 is a novelty!
It’s possible to go back onto the N roads and still make good time, with no traffic, or would be if it weren’t for the weight limits.
Strange days.

I might have overdone it on the Nationals last week and pushed through a few 10/11t only except for local access as I didn’t want to turn back. Chickened out at a 7.5t on a Main Street in one town and fortunately there was an almost empty car park right there for me to do a 180 :blush:

I didn’t realise till now how rough the A86 can be in places like you said at previously unknown speeds. :grimacing:

OwenMoney:

Does anyone know if this type of form is required for any other country, Spain, Benelux and Germany in particular?

One would imagine a foreign truck with a CMR would be self evident as to why you are travelling but since the French ain’t having any of that are there any other countries of a similar mindset?^

Hurryup&wait:

OwenMoney:

Does anyone know if this type of form is required for any other country, Spain, Benelux and Germany in particular?

One would imagine a foreign truck with a CMR would be self evident as to why you are travelling but since the French ain’t having any of that are there any other countries of a similar mindset?^

The form in question isn’t just for drivers, it’s for anybody entering France from another European country.
It’s part of the lock down, you have to have a valid reason to enter the country,
a bit like the attestation for people in France’
you have to have a valid reason for you to be outside of your home.

I do agree though, that it does seem really stupid that a truck driver, driving his truck and entering France,
needs to fill out a form to explain what he is doing, he’s in a truck FFS, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
he isn’t going on holiday to his second property in the Dordogne is he ■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for other countries applying a similar type of form, I can’t comment,
but I do know that it’s not a simple procedure crossing the Spanish/French borders at the moment.
And I have heard that there are certain restriction on the German/French borders

pierrot 14:

Hurryup&wait:

OwenMoney:

As for other countries applying a similar type of form, I can’t comment,
but I do know that it’s not a simple procedure crossing the Spanish/French borders at the moment.

Can you elaborate on the France - Spain border question please as I am going there next week

OwenMoney:
Can you elaborate on the France - Spain border question please as I am going there next week

There is this link listing different country`s rules. Nowhere near as good as knowing someone who has actually done it of course.
ec.europa.eu/transport/coronavirus-response_en
Clicks through to this
"Reintroduction of internal border controls (16.03.2020)
Spain has temporarily reintroduced border controls. Only Spanish citizens will be allowed to enter national territory by land; persons residing in Spain; cross-border workers and those who prove, documentarily, causes of force majeure or a situation of need. The resolution does not apply to the transport of goods.

Start date: 17.03.2020
End date: 26.03.2020
Further information: lamoncloa.gob.es/serviciosd … prensa/i….

End date of 26/03…but clicking again
“prolongará mientras dure el estado de alarma.”
Up to the end of the emergency.

Owen,
all I can tell you is what I’ve heard what is being broadcast on the 107.7 Vinci Autoroute radio channel
go on their website , you might find some info . Not had a chance to see for myself.
They are saying on the radio that there are increased controls for “everybody” crossing the borders,
be it France / Spain or Spain / France,
the exit for Biriatou northbound is closed as it is being used for police controls
All non essential transportation is being stopped in both directions>
People trying to cross the border are being controlled and being refused access in both directions by the authorities.

Edit to add

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All the tobacconists in the French border towns have noticed an increase in sales ,
because French smokers that normally go to Spain to buy their cigs in Spain, because they’re cheaper,
are now having to buy them in France, because of the cross border restrictions. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: