Stuart Guy prisoner in France

: D Just had the news that STUART GUY held in France is having his parole hearing early January, lets hope all goes his way and he gets home to his partner and his little children, Now if anyone can help pay his custom fine we would be grateful. Is there any money in the Blie Ribbon Fund■■?

Danneke, (Driver & Families Help Line

I have said it before and I will say it again.

To imprison a truck driver for the goods he unknowingly carries in his trailer is like imprisoning a postman for the letter-bomb he unknowingly carries in his mailbag.

There is a serious “wrong” being perpetuated here, and it`s time it was stopped.

Vince

I wholeheartedly agree with your comments Vince, what annoys me is the fact that both the british police and customs know Stuart is innocent and have the proof, plus by information given to them from myself (driver & families help-line ) regarding the case and that of another driver held who had worked in a similar circumstance they were able to arrest the drug baron and his associates. Now why I keep asking is Stuart having to go through all the rigmarole of court proceedings in France. Lack of communication on someones part I think.
If only drivers would lobby their M.Ps and Euro M.Ps regarding the problems facing them when travelling abroad, things might and possibly change, it will not happen overnight but come on lads and lasses dont think it will never happen to you, it just might.

Danneke, (motorway Queen aka driver-families-helpline.org )

listening to the radio yesterday - the government have announced a National consultation website to let us have our say - by email and text message

perhaps if enough of us emailed or texted -they might even listen :wink:

Thanks for the information Dennis, I for one will be having my say, I have 12years of unanswered questions for Mr. Blair and past and present governments. I hope they get lots of texts and e/mails from all our supporters.
In defence tho, my M.P and my Euro M.P are very good and supportive to the cause, and have helped me on many occasions with drivers who have and are serving time abroad.