Truck stops

I don’t do long distance nights out these days.
But anyhow picked up latest copy of truckstop news.
There’s an advert for tovizi trans lorry park
manor way swanscombe. Da19 0ll
Is this a new one as never heard of it and if so it’s about time.

Also article
Reviewing Swindon truck stop which I thought had closed down years ago but obviously not
Also how can Chippenham win truckstop of the year
Yes I’ve stopped there had few nights out it’s ok of a place probably not the best on the country though .

Finally think the hollies in Cannock has new owners certaas energy I seem to see printed on there uniforms.
And since new ownwra when ever I stop there usally Sunday mornings they all seem happy have music playing and some woman In the kitchen singing along to the tunes.
She’s not a bad singer but really don’t need to be hearing all that really.

edd1974:

I found this…

sites.google.com/huunitedlimite … d-com/home

It beggars belief that such a freight rich county has so few places to stop.

edd1974:
I stop there usally Sunday mornings they all seem happy have music playing and some woman In the kitchen singing along to the tunes.

You killjoy, let her sing her head off mate. :smiley:

I have fond memories of the Hollies. When my mate walked in to meet me for lunch and a chinwag, he still had his hi-viz on. I took great delight in saying loudly ‘take that ■■■■■■■ thing off will you’ to a ripple of giggles from my fellow diners.

edd1974:

Also article
Reviewing Swindon truck stop which I thought had closed down years ago but obviously not
Yes I’ve stopped there had few nights out it’s ok of a place probably not the best on the country though .

Finally think the hollies in Cannock has new owners certaas energy I seem to see printed on there uniforms.
And since new ownwra when ever I stop there usally Sunday mornings they all seem happy have music playing and some woman In the kitchen singing along to the tunes.

It’s the same few truckstops that are in the competition, and win, every year… :unamused:
Truckstop news is an advertising rag. If you pay them enough, they’ll print it. It’s not even of use to wipe your arse.

Swindon Truckstop struggles on, because it’s the only other truckstop between Bristol and London, and Chippenham is both full, and expensive. Swindon gets taken on by an operator, the cafe gets a new menu and decor, and they struggle for a few months, untill they close the cafe again. Not parked there for a while, it used to be free From Saturday evening till Monday morning, because the cafe was closed, and nobody would come and collect the parking fee… :laughing: They even had an “honesty box” on the wall for a while, to leave your registration if you parked during the weekend :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Chippenham Truckstop lost it’s marbles years ago, when it got delusions of grandueur, and added an expensive shop with local produce to the stop and made the cafe a restaurant. The food is good, but expensive. The place was always busy, but renting out half the spaces permanently to Jenkins and others means there is now never any space from the afternoon. The parking at the end is to tight.

Chippenham did not win truck stop of the year.

spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/tr … e-9304085/

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 8#p2874508

fingermissing:

According to latest edition of truckstop news issue 511 summer 2023
Altough just noticed it does say won medium sized truck stop of the year . But what size medium is who knows

IMG_20230521_205545623.jpg

edd1974:

fingermissing:

According to latest edition of truckstop news issue 511 summer 2023
Altough just noticed it does say won medium sized truck stop of the year . But what size medium is who knows

Smaller than large but bigger than small.

Hope this helps :stuck_out_tongue:

the nodding donkey:
Swindon Truckstop struggles on, because it’s the only other truckstop between Bristol and London, and Chippenham is both full, and expensive.

Chieveley have started taking Snap payments, which is handy if that is a factor.

edd1974:

Also article

Manor Way Swanscombe is off the A226 London rd. Part of which - Galley Hill rd - collapsed last month because of a burst water main. It is now scheduled to remain closed for the next 18 months. This makes access to Manor Way from the East a problem with the road now shut just after Ebbsfleet Football ground r/a. You now need to go via the Bean Interchange and the Greenhithe r/a. Not too bad if already on the A2 but a real pain if coming from Gravesend or Lidl at Northfleet. This will add at least 30 minutes. Access is still possible to Brittania Lead and the Seacon Terminal, but from the East only.