Route 74 Lesmahagow truckstop

This is worth a stop, a modern building with a stylish interior, the staff made me welcome.
The choice of food very good.It is the project of a local quarry boss.
It is located 26 miles South of Glasgow.
The only fault is no sign for the entrance, if you go the wrong way, you end up on the dual carriageway looking for a U turn spot.
There is an overflow parking area near the truckstop.

I’m assuming it’s near the old one is it Tobes ? I used to like the old one and stopped there a fair bit in the late 80’s, you would get parked depending on what time you were leaving in the morning, unfortunately don’t go that far anymore. :cry:

I stopped there Thurday night, very friendly and spotless.
It is right opposite the new Tesco as you come off the Motorway (heading North)
I will use it again.

The dinosaur age of the greasy spoon is on the way out, as drivers opt for healthy food.
Lesmagow ticks the right boxes for what drivers want.
Bet Fred boss wants to build more truck stops with the success of The Hollies and Holyhead that he owns.
Moto and Roadchef treat drivers as an inconvenience, they only care about money and profit, look at Gloucestershire services and their approach to use local producers, making jobs.
The first farm shop on a motorway, fish mongers and butcher’s.
Non of this fast food carp of burgers, fish fingers, baked beans with chips for a drivers

toby1234abc:
, look at Gloucestershire services and their approach to use local producers, making jobs.
The first farm shop on a motorway, fish mongers and butcher’s.
Non of this fast food carp of burgers, fish fingers, baked beans with chips for a drivers

I went in the southbound side in the first week, £4.50 for a breakfast roll and the bacon was inedible as it was like leather

It’s just expensive crap aimed at tourists

The prices at Gloucester services are far far More than at tebay ,£11 plus for lasagne & veg & tea ,at Tebay about £ 8 ish .