Did he hit the house?

Not sure if this been posted before on here , but I can’t tell if he did or not hit the house.

youtu.be/2cAajtpLFt8

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

several times and how he managed to get the trailer to tilt like that with out it being jammed on something i don’t know.

More importantly why didn’t all the other drivers get out and help him rather than just sit there

dont know why he just didnt bang his hazard lights on n slowly reverse back way he came in

Location google.com/maps/@53.6906559 … 312!8i6656

More importantly why didn’t all the other drivers get out and help him rather than just sit there

What & miss a golden opportunity to film it for YouTube :open_mouth:

cooper1203:
several times and how he managed to get the trailer to tilt like that with out it being jammed on something i don’t know.

Yep deffo hit it a few times. Tbh as you say how he managed to get it round even hitting stuff and tilting the trailer so much without wedging it is crazy.

Why anyone would attempt a manoeuvre like that in that amount of space is beyond me.

Why he ended up there and why he couldn’t go any further forward to turn round somewhere further along I have no idea as we don’t know what he was faced with as we only get one angle and view. That link posted above doesn’t seem to give me the location of where it happened.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

drover:

What & miss a golden opportunity to film it for YouTube :open_mouth:

I know what you mean but in this case that’s been caught on a wall mounted CCTV.

Anyone who’s ever gotten themselves in a bit of jam will feel some sympathy for this guy, at first , but riving and tearing to turn it around like that? :open_mouth:

shullbit:
Location google.com/maps/@53.6906559 … 312!8i6656

So if he had managed to back into the space behind the house on his right hand side, as he tried to around 1:20, he’d had gone off down a slope into the wooded area :unamused: No one ever tell him to GOAL?

Having now found it on Google maps, it baffles me as to why he didn’t just wait let the cars through, go forward and reverse round the corner, it would have been far easier than what he tried to do, especially if he had asked people to hold back and watch him round. Looking at it on Google maps there should have been enough room to go forward and reverse back round the corner by the house he hit several times.

If you mean reversing around so he was parallel to that site that looks like a commercial breakers, that was his only real option, but it looked to be as if he thought he could reverse around the side of that house,

but that woudn’t have worked out for him either

I

These small Lancs and Yorks towns and villages places need a bit of prior planning to navigate safely

Zac_A:
If you mean reversing around so he was parallel to that site that looks like a commercial breakers, that was his only real option, but it looked to be as if he thought he could reverse around the side of that house,

but that woudn’t have worked out for him either
0I

These small Lancs and Yorks towns and villages places need a bit of prior planning to navigate safely

God only knows why he tried to reverse round the garage at the side of that house onto the waste ground, because that was never going to work.

cooper1203:

The trailer tilted because the rear nearside corner of his trailer roof was jammed against the house. Thank God they built those houses properly in them days. It would have pushed through into the back garden of a modern house :frowning:

simcor:
Having now found it on Google maps, it baffles me as to why he didn’t just wait let the cars through, go forward and reverse round the corner, it would have been far easier than what he tried to do, especially if he had asked people to hold back and watch him round. Looking at it on Google maps there should have been enough room to go forward and reverse back round the corner by the house he hit several times.

I must admit when I did a recce on Google maps why didn’t he swing to the right and then get his unit up against the pumping station gate then back round on his sighted side.

Still, non of us were there and its easy sitting at a desk instead of in a drivers seat with cars all around. He did ok ish in the end and did try to get hold of the householder instead of doing a Jesse Owens

Socketset:
[. He did ok ish in the end and did try to get hold of the householder instead of doing a Jesse Owens

He did ok? When the trailer was on 2 wheels that was the house stopping it from going any further back! And then he carried on scrapping it round. Do you know how that house will get repaired? Will it need to be rebuilt? I think calling recovery might have been a cheaper solution.
Did he leave a note, or just make sure he hadn’t been caught.

There’s a blue unsuitable for hgv’s sign before he turned into the road then another red one before going over a teeny bridge.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
There’s a blue unsuitable for hgv’s sign before he turned into the road then another red one before going over a teeny bridge.

Underneath the blue one it says access only, he may have been delivering to the pharmacy or other premises up there, I have been up there myself a couple of times in a tri with rear steer.

Socketset:

simcor:
I must admit when I did a recce on Google maps why didn’t he swing to the right and then get his unit up against the pumping station gate then back round on his sighted side.

Still, non of us were there and its easy sitting at a desk instead of in a drivers seat with cars all around. He did ok ish in the end and did try to get hold of the householder instead of doing a Jesse Owens

IMO, I thought his actions were unbelievable, he could have driven forward and reversed around the corner as you say. Alternately, he could have sought assistance and tried to reverse back on the road he came on, although still not easy.

But to initially try and reverse around the house was :open_mouth: he was lucky he didn’t lose his trailer down the ditch. Then to manoeuvre near the house was crazy, he was lucky the house is still standing but there could be structural damage that will certainly need assessed.

Anybody, could find themselves in this situation, a cool head is required!!

Surely he hit it, he had enough tries.

S.L.A.M. stop look assess manage or 5mins of planning saves an hour of having to explain…
But thats common sence and as we know common sence is not common

Unfortunately StreetView hasn’t been down there until recently, since 2011. In May 2023 there’s a sizeable hole in the render of the house