Car transporter newbie questions

I’ve done exactly what you’re about to do mate. New pass to 7 car transporter.
As long as you can drive a car forwards and backwards staying on the white line you’ll be fine. Just practice in a car park. They’ll show you everything you need to know and there’s always someone on the end of a phone if you need them.
Yes you’ll start practicing on “used” cars but you’ll prob be shocked at just how nice some of them are. They just use whatever they’ve got in the yard from We buy any car at the time. Could be a 15 year old polo to a 71 plate Range Rover. They honestly do not give a ■■■■ about damage it seems. I mean don’t try and wreck anything but it’ll be met with “oh well ok , it’ll happen again, don’t stress yourself about it”.

First time you damage a nice one it feels awful , but as long as you don’t make a habit of it you’ll be fine (you’ll just loose your no damage quarterly bonus)

Didn’t get any driving help in training but once they are happy with you and sign you off you’ll get a week or so with a “buddy” to show you the real world. Mine gave me an afternoon of practice but I was still ■■■■. It just comes with time. I’m still not that good but way better than I was. Just plan your route and don’t go anywhere you don’t think you can get out of. Better to walk 200m to and from your truck for a car than getting in the sh*t