car transporter job

Been offered a car transporter job has anyone got any advice and help on this as this will be my first car transporter job and a bi in experienced

Watch the over swing when turning as the trailer front comes around a corner.
Pack light, the cabs are compact,they will train how to use the ramps and load cars, a lot to learn but soon get the hang of it.
Good luck with the job, and chill out,relax, never rush for anyone.

Prepare yourself for years of learning loading different vehicles, high vehicle routes, where there’s low trees etc, banging your head on more than one occasion and other injuries. Take your time and don’t rush it. A bloody great job in the old days of Toleman’s with great money but hard graft. Don’t know about today though, too many cowboy outfits got in on it.

As the guys have said, don’t rush, all too easy to damage vehicles. Make sure you have good boots with non slip soles, the decks can get slippy especially ay this time of year loading early morning with a nice frost

This might help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67239&p=841293&hilit=car+transporters+buck+rogers#p841293

Depends what sort of car transporter job you mean? These 11+ ones or rigid 1-8 car ones?

Dealer delievers? Car auctions? Scrap cars? Or insurance write offs? (Copart mostly)

I currantly drive a 3 car 7.5t + trailer and deliver to people’s home/work address and collect mostly from auctions or dealers. But used to work for a recovery firm and drove anything from a single car to a 6 car transporter.

Watch out for low tree branches, local authorities are supposed to keep them cut back to 16ft I think it is, but it doesn’t always happen. If your carrying new cars check for locking wheel nuts, sat nav discs, aerials,wheel trims, handbooks

its a 11+ class 1 volvo arctic I’ve been told they use the stick measuring to keep the cars 16ft and below, doing mainly main dealers, auctions, and second hand car dealers. will have full training on how to load strap down which will be all new but always open to new experiences will keep you posted. thanks for the advice guys info assimilated and will bear it all in mind.

This post should help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74889&p=972819&hilit=coffee+nation#p972819

nigelw1982:
its a 11+ class 1 volvo arctic I’ve been told they use the stick measuring to keep the cars 16ft and below, doing mainly main dealers, auctions, and second hand car dealers. will have full training on how to load strap down which will be all new but always open to new experiences will keep you posted. thanks for the advice guys info assimilated and will bear it all in mind.

I have recently had a look at this… It all depends on how you get paid

If it is a minimum + bonus + nights out then it might not be as good as you might hope…

What happens then they are quiet or there is no work? Do we get put on reduced retained wage?

I will drop you my number on a personal message

You will be living in a Wendy house. No sleep time on other work as you will be physically loading. REMEMBER your height so watch every sign!

nigelw1982:
Been offered a car transporter job

Lucky you:grin:

nigelw1982:

Is it actually an artic (a tractor unit where part of the trailer sits on top of the back of it)? Most large car transporters are in fact drawbar rigs, where the front unit carries two or three cars and the rear carries the rest.

Mines a drawbar rig the front Unit takes 4 cars and the rear 7-8 cars